Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe upgrade; Will I need a tune?

Hello, I just ordered a hi-flow catted downpipe and I'm eager to install it, but will I need a tune? I currently already have a tune from randy. I know the hi-flow downpipe will probably trip an error code but besides that, is there any danger to running an upgraded downpipe without a tune revision? I'm mainly concerned about maybe running too lean from the increased airflow but I thought maybe the ecu/tune will compensate for that?

Dib

You shouldn't need a tune, but you'll probably want one to get the most benefit from it. You're likely not going to see any difference in AFRs with just a downpipe, boost may come in sooner, but your ECU should be able to compensate without any issues. i vote "send it"

edit, i stand corrected

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The high flow Cat can set off an O2 Code...FYI. Its best to have a Flash tune by Jason@dizzytuning...Stratified....JST or Adam at Tune+ to take full advantage of the setup if there will be any With the stock snail/Turbo..Good luck!

Last edited: