Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dried out sidewall? Normal or replace.

I am going to have my Firehawk Indy’s put back on this week. While taking them out of storage I noticed that the sidewall feels pretty dry and a little bumpy.

Wondering if this is:
A) Normal
B) Dried out due to tire shine that I use every month or so and that they need to be replaced

Tires have about 8/32 left on them.

Attachments

I am going to have my Firehawk Indy’s put back on this week. While taking them out of storage I noticed that the sidewall feels pretty dry and a little bumpy.

Wondering if this is:
A) Normal
B) Dried out due to tire shine that I use every month or so and that they need to be replaced

Tires have about 8/32 left on them.
That looks like tire scrub to my eyes, did you do any aggressive driving/track days in the fall before you took them off?

or I guess another way to get that to happen might be too low of tire pressure causing scrubbing with normal driving.

My indy 500s look like this after track days when they see some heat and quite a bit of side loading.

If you did some track days, that's pretty normal.

(all of this said, I'm looking at the tread surface above the little arrow, not the actual sidewall) so I may not be noticing what your talking about.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Wheels & Tires 2