Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eibach Lowerings springs & 205/45/17 or 215/40/17 tires

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Better than the worn stockers, that for sure, lol. They don't slip with the 3rd gear pulls like the stickers were starting to with my new tunes. If that helps any.
Cornering improve? YEa im going for a custom tune soon!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I haven't done any hard cornering just yet. Still just dataloging for my E30 tune. I love this stuff, btw. The curves I have taken though...the car felt planted and as good as it ever has on the stickers. Take that with a grain of salt though as I haven't pushed it with the new tires.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I haven't done any hard cornering just yet. Still just dataloging for my E30 tune. I love this stuff, btw. The curves I have taken though...the car felt planted and as good as it ever has on the stickers. Take that with a grain of salt though as I haven't pushed it with the new tires.
Well for the price sounds like the Kumhos are hard to beat.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I'll keep this thread updated as I put more miles on them. My biggest reason for these is the price and they were the widest I could find in the 215/40 size. They have roughly an inch more width than the stickers on the tread width. From behind the car, they look a lot wider...almost like a 235 tire. If I get good handling from them to boot, I'm happy!!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'll keep this thread updated as I put more miles on them. My biggest reason for these is the price and they were the widest I could find in the 215/40 size. They have roughly an inch more width than the stickers on the tread width. From behind the car, they look a lot wider...almost like a 235 tire. If I get good handling from them to boot, I'm happy!!
Awesome. The Kumhos seems to be a little wider then other 215's which is weird.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I have about 400 miles on them so far. No racing, just highway driving and pulls. They ride better than the stockers, that's for sure. Grip in the curves, I'm not sure yet. Straight line traction, lol, the car spins them the same, though shifting hard (FFS) into third is much more composed now. No issues while driving in the rain, though I drive very conservative in the rain. I'm happy so far with them...especially considering the price.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Looks great! Any chance you can take a picture of the rear?
I don't have any still shots of the rear with the new tires. I will have to take some. If you look at my build thread, I have a walk around video that you can see the rear profile.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
Okay, got the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport 215/40 R17's installed today...along with an alignment (haven't had the alignment done since I lowered it on the mountune springs). The front alignment was pretty far off, btw. Anyway. I put about 50 miles on it since the new tires and no rubbing what so ever. The tires look great IMO...much better than the stockers. The 215/40s fit my 17x7.5 Motegi's much better. The ride is a little better and these tires handle choppy roads a lot better than the stockers.
Before:
View attachment 3238

After:
View attachment 3239
View attachment 3240
Those tires are 23.9" diameter?

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
So noone is sporting lowering springs with 205/45/17 tires?