Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ethanol content gauge fluctuating on WOT

What up guys/gals. I have been noticing on my dizzy guage during wot that it goes from e30 to e40 range just for a second And goes back to e30.

Now I think it may be something with my evap or charcoal canister. Right before I noticed it happening. I had to fill up at a new station(same brand fuel). Went about like I normally do mix my e85 them put the pump fully in and let it fill. I hear the click, then immediately hear it overflowing from under the car.

Another though was it may a leak somewhere. I have checked everything and I'm not finding or smelling any fuel.

Car seems to be running fine no codes or stumbling after fill ups.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this before I throw money at the evap system.

TIA

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What up guys/gals. I have been noticing on my dizzy guage during wot that it goes from e30 to e40 range just for a second And goes back to e30.

Now I think it may be something with my evap or charcoal canister. Right before I noticed it happening. I had to fill up at a new station(same brand fuel). Went about like I normally do mix my e85 them put the pump fully in and let it fill. I hear the click, then immediately hear it overflowing from under the car.

Another though was it may a leak somewhere. I have checked everything and I'm not finding or smelling any fuel.

Car seems to be running fine no codes or stumbling after fill ups.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this before I throw money at the evap system.

TIA
Does it stay between e30 & e40? Is the OAR -1.00? IF yes ....put the Anxiety port in the glove box and drive it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
jessemon1106
Thread Starter #3
Does it stay between e30 & e40? Is the OAR -1.00? IF yes ....put the Anxiety port in the glove box and drive it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Haven't check oar in a while as I don't keep my ap hooked up. The biggest jump I've noticed is 30-48 percent.

Erick_V

I noticed the gauge can sometimes act a little funny at WOT. Nothing to worry about. As long as it goes back to normal I wouldn’t put too much thought into it. I usually glance at it 5-10 minutes after fill up, check OAR and then I don’t really look at it much. It’ll change like 1% as the tank drains. My girlfriend looks at it more than I do. She’s quick to point out when I’m on 93 (around E8-10) vs like E30-40 lol

OP
jessemon1106
Thread Starter #6
I noticed the gauge can sometimes act a little funny at WOT. Nothing to worry about. As long as it goes back to normal I wouldn’t put too much thought into it. I usually glance at it 5-10 minutes after fill up, check OAR and then I don’t really look at it much. It’ll change like 1% as the tank drains. My girlfriend looks at it more than I do. She’s quick to point out when I’m on 93 (around E8-10) vs like E30-40 lol
Nice, thanks guys. Guess I'm just now noticing it after that fill up and was a bit paranoid. Full send time 😆