Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Experience with GFB DV+ VTA?

Brianmc27

I know the GFB DV+ is the recommended diverter valve, but does anyone have experience with the Vent to Atmosphere version?

The idea of go-fast noises mixed with the performance of the DV+ intrigues me.

Thanks!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It's like the blockoff plates for the stock DV or the turbosmart 50/50 DV's - it sounds neat at first, but it blows off *constantly* since it's solenoid controlled.
I've been a die-hard GFB DV+ guy for many years, but when I got the FiST I used the turbosmart EM VR2 (I bought both the 50/50 and the plumb-back versions) and haven't even looked at the DV+ since. It's quicker, and you don't have to disassemble your stock DV to install it, so you'll always have your stock spare DV on-hand should you need it - not telling you what to do, just - food for thought.

I kinda liked my 50/50 (which is analogous to the DV+ VTA) at first, but it would vent while pulling forward in traffic, backing out of my driveway, every time my foot moved ever so slightly off the gas pedal - it got annoying after a while. I was too lazy to swap it out until I got pulled over for the blowoff noise, then I swapped to the plumb-back and have been happy with it since. I dug the noise from the 50/50, but I just wish it was 50% less frequent than it was. The turbosmarts don't require any auxiliary lubrication, but (at least on past cars) the DV+ needed to be pulled apart and lubricated occasionally.

Both the turbosmart and the DV+ sharpen up the car a bit and make on/off/on throttle transitions a little more comfortable, so either is likely to spice up your ride a bit. They aren't power-adders, but they do add a little "quality of life". If *all* you want is whooshy turbo sounds, you can just get a DV blockoff plate, but the stock dV is so lazy it'll be whooshing allllll the time.

OP
Brianmc27

Brianmc27

Thread Starter #3
Awesome! Thank you for the thoughtful response.

I would like the sharpness of the DV+ with the a mild upgrade in stupid whooshy noises. So it sounds like the 50/50 or the VTA May be the choice.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Awesome! Thank you for the thoughtful response.

I would like the sharpness of the DV+ with the a mild upgrade in stupid whooshy noises. So it sounds like the 50/50 or the VTA May be the choice.
Yeah - just different approaches to the same thing. The DV+ is like an "OEM+" since it's a modification to the original DV (stiffer spring, brass piston with silicone seating surface). The 50/50 is a whole replacement valve. I decided to do the turbosmart since I wanted to retain my OEM diverter fully intact. If you mod your stock DV, you can't flip back to stock for service, and if you're in CA the CHP and some local cops are getting more aggressive about busting people for non CARB equipment. Just a heads up, if you get reffed it's going to cost money and you'll have to revert to stock when you go in, and if you do the DV+ you will need to buy another stock DV.

OP
Brianmc27

Brianmc27

Thread Starter #5
Yeah - just different approaches to the same thing. The DV+ is like an "OEM+" since it's a modification to the original DV (stiffer spring, brass piston with silicone seating surface). The 50/50 is a whole replacement valve. I decided to do the turbosmart since I wanted to retain my OEM diverter fully intact. If you mod your stock DV, you can't flip back to stock for service, and if you're in CA the CHP and some local cops are getting more aggressive about busting people for non CARB equipment. Just a heads up, if you get reffed it's going to cost money and you'll have to revert to stock when you go in, and if you do the DV+ you will need to buy another stock DV.
I’m up in Northern California, doesn’t seem like they go after us quite as hard up here.