Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Faulty 02 sensor?

Hi I have been having a problem with my car I was getting codes for fuel pump regulator performance and fuel pressure .... but iv changed the pump in the tank changed the hpfp changed the fuel pressure regualtor moduel and reset the ECU the eml is intermittent the car will drive for about an hour but after driving and u leave to idle it will start jurking and shut off but will start back up and go into limp mode but if u leave it for a few hours till it's cold it will run fine again now the garage is saying to change the 02 sensor could this be the fix as iv spent a fortune so far 🤮🤮

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi I have been having a problem with my car I was getting codes for fuel pump regulator performance and fuel pressure .... but iv changed the pump in the tank changed the hpfp changed the fuel pressure regualtor moduel and reset the ECU the eml is intermittent the car will drive for about an hour but after driving and u leave to idle it will start jurking and shut off but will start back up and go into limp mode but if u leave it for a few hours till it's cold it will run fine again now the garage is saying to change the 02 sensor could this be the fix as iv spent a fortune so far [emoji2961][emoji2961]
Well....just change both then and cover your bases...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Although you did not say, I hope you did change the fuel filter. (sorry, part of pump)
Is it possible that you jacked the car up wrong and crushed a fuel feed or vapor return line?
The first O2 sensor in the downpipe does control rich or lean running but it will not set a fuel pressure code.
The second O2 sensor reports CAT efficiency but will not cause the car to run bad.
How many miles on the car.
Rather than just replacing parts have you done any tests?.
You can test fuel pressure and fuel flow rate.
You can also test the O2 sensor.
The EVAP system can cause these types of problems and codes by not allowing air/vapor back into the tank which will cause a vaccume and poor fuel flow (may have caught that in a test).
Another cause could be a faulty Fuel Pump Driver Module.
If you are not capable of testing you could seek professional help.
Unless you like just throwing money at it.

Last edited:
OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Yes I changed the pump in tank and changed the fuel pump driver moduel and had a new fuel line put on and a new hpfp and rail sensor it's been in numerous garages and this is the forth one now and he wiped the map off the car and it's coming back with a code for the 02 sensor he said it's dead?? So was just wondering if this will finally fix my problem iv done pressure tests and it builds up to 6 then just randomly dies and wont pick back up but iv had a new pump and everything put on 🤮

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If the O2 sensor is dead, then of course replace it first.
I will need to look it up but I find it hard to believe that 6 lbs of fuel pressure is correct.
However I see your are in the UK, so what units are you using?
With the fuel pressure dying now I suspect the EVAP system or fuel return/vapor line.

Try this, do a fuel pressure test again however, this time leave the fuel fill door/cap open.
Or just drive the car, yes this will set a code but you know that you caused it.
If your original problem still exists, it is most likely on the fuel pump side.

I hope you understand that it is almost impossible to troubleshoot a car by remote so, I am just providing ideas.