Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Faulty clutch sensor?

Hello everyone, I’ve recently put a new trans cell in my car. (About 2 weeks ago) drove okay but I had the sticky clutch pedal issue, so today I got to installing the new clutch pedal assembly as some other threads suggested and after bleeding I put the battery and air box back in ( I let batter charge while doing the install) when getting back in the car I press the clutch down and went to turn my car on. Sync just kept saying “push clutch pedal down” can’t help but think I damaged the sensor wiring or maybe damaged my car battery (wonky charger). Cluster does the little flicker when I turn it on so maybe the battery is just dead. The sensors are pretty cheap but should I be looking if some wire pins fell out of the connector, or what’s the best corse of action.

Also replacing the pedal assembly seems to have worked for getting rid of that stupid sticky pedal.

OP
M
Thread Starter #2
clutch sensor wasn’t fault, I tried by passing which worked but I thought was the hell and opened the sensor, cleaned the connection/flipped around engage plate and it work fine, but I now have to hit the clutch and brake to start witch as far as I’m remembering I didn’t have to do. Regardless this car always has the domino effect for me, and I started getting the dreadful P1299 code, gunna switch out the coolant temp sensor out, and maybe go get a lap top from Best Buy to clear it with fforscan because I know my Amazon obd2 scanner isn’t strong enough.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Found the issue, and my lazy but as out a car for a week, but the sensor behind the coolant res, was either not in all the way stopping it from opening, car works fine. Happy Monday.

Ford Community Posts