Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta 11-13 Tailights

I currently own a 2019 fiesta ST
I dont really care for the stock tailights because of the chrome on it.
i ordered 2012 fiesta tailights off of ebay with the wiring harness on them still.
my question is, can i use these harnesses with the tailights or do i have to run the harness from my 19.
Reason why i am asking, i have been running the osram tailights, i butchered my harnesses to work with the osrams.
so now i am wondering if i can run the stock 11-13 harnesses instead of buying new harnesses.
If your wondering why i am deciding on these tailights instead of the osrams, the passenger side osram has no issues, however the drivers side gets a bit of condensation build up at times and it bothers me.
and yes i have tried everything, including emailing osram, and they basically wont help, saying its an error on my end.
i dont know if the 11-13 harnesses are different from the 14+ this is why i am asking.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Interesting....I hadn't thought of using the pre-refresh tails but I'm digging them! I really want the OSRAMs but at almoat triple the cost of the DEPOs, I'll pass.

Are you guys using OEM with the incandescent brake light bulb?
ford-fiesta-mk7-2008-2013-hatchback-clear-rear-tail-light-lamp-rh.jpg

I'm leaning towards these DEPOs I found on ebay that are full LED

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
S
Thread Starter #5
personally i will be going with diode dynamic led bulbs for the rear.
brightest i can get.
so in the long run i will have 3-400 tied up into the rear with the cost of the led lights and the tailights that i bought.
i seen the depo as well, i just dont know about fitment or how long the little led lights will last before they start to burn out and look funky.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
OEM LEDs generally last for decades but this is depo we're talking about here so i can see where you're coming from.

Are you selling the Osram set?

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
OEM LEDs generally last for decades but this is depo we're talking about here so i can see where you're coming from.

i will be yes,
plug n play, i butchered my 19 harnesses for that i can wire them directly, i have had them on 2 seperate cars, a 14 and my 19 over the last 11 months.
they work great, however the condensation it gets at times bothers me, its not bad at all, just a slight bit of fog it gets iritates me.
no water leakage just like a slight dewish thing.
but yes, i will be selling as soon as i get the other ones and hooked up.
ebay says its shipping today, bought both sides from same seller.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8

i just went outside and took a pic
its been raining all night and now changing to snow flurries.
no condensation in the clear area, its random like i said.
it happens in that clear area, but last few weeks with rain and stuff and nothing lately.
i just wiped it with my hand to take a pic. 20201130_100556.jpg

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
@shru63 The fogging doesn't sound toooo bad. Lmk when ur ready to sell. I'd like to be first in line (y)

DangerMouse

I bought my pre facelift lights used on eBay for dirt cheap. I put new bulbs in and only led for reverse lights. Good enough for me.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
I bought my pre facelift lights used on eBay for dirt cheap. I put new bulbs in and only led for reverse lights. Good enough for me.
Did you use your ST harness for the tailights or did you use the harness from the tailights if they came with them.
if you used your ST harnesses, were they just plug n play?
i know mine are coming with their original harnesses and i have to repin them, this is why i ask.

DangerMouse

Did you use your ST harness for the tailights or did you use the harness from the tailights if they came with them.
if you used your ST harnesses, were they just plug n play?
i know mine are coming with their original harnesses and i have to repin them, this is why i ask.
I used the pre face lift harness. I don't remember the details but the st harness wouldn't work on pre face lift taillights. Different bulbs I think.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
i just went outside and took a pic
its been raining all night and now changing to snow flurries.
no condensation in the clear area, its random like i said.
it happens in that clear area, but last few weeks with rain and stuff and nothing lately.
i just wiped it with my hand to take a pic. View attachment 36494
Is there a gasket to cover the access hole In the back? I know my Spec-D's didn't have one and continued to get moisture in them. so I fashioned my own gasket...Been a couple of years now...No issues whatsoever! Look great still too!

Is there a gasket to cover the access hole In the back? I know my Spec-D's didn't have one and continued to get moisture in them. so I fashioned my own gasket...Been a couple of years now...No issues whatsoever! Look great still too!
There's a very thick closed-cell foam seal around the opening for the housing.

I learned my condensation/water intrusion issue was because the harness was in the way of the seal and didn't let it seal all the way. I removed the taillights and pushed the harness into the taillight housings and "fluffed" the foam back up where the wiring imprinted on it. I thought I had a picture but all I'm trying to say is that it actually does a decent job once everything's just right. PNW rain storms and carwashes haven't caused another problem yet.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I'm looking to do the same upgrade (11-13 tail lights in my '18) and am wondering if I can use my stock harness to run these lights? I'd like to keep my current harness because I've already added some resistors for LED bulbs.

DangerMouse

I'm looking to do the same upgrade (11-13 tail lights in my '18) and am wondering if I can use my stock harness to run these lights? I'd like to keep my current harness because I've already added some resistors for LED bulbs.
Probably can but you may need to trim some of the bulb holder tabs on the harness or on the taillights. I think the reverse lights are the same but the others are different. From what I remember. I didn't want to do that though for risk of water getting in them.