Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta snorkel

PaulyR98

Anyone know where to get a cheap big air intake snorkel all the ones I see online are like 150-300 for a piece of plastic

Do these actually make any noticeable difference? I don't have one, but as long as my car is moving then the intake air temp stays pretty low. I would think that these snorkels would cause more air to bypass the intercooler and radiator, but I don't really know.

Do these actually make any noticeable difference? I don't have one, but as long as my car is moving then the intake air temp stays pretty low. I would think that these snorkels would cause more air to bypass the intercooler and radiator, but I don't really know.
Short answer: no

Long answer: the snorkel takes an already very efficient intake system and moves the air inlet farther away from the radiator with a bigger cross section; it's a pretty smart idea as it's the only non-cowl intake that sucks in air outside of the hood (the cowl intake system is bonkers and it'd be fun to see more race-builds use the idea)

However, you'd need an upgraded intake system that wants to suck in more cold air without heating it inside the engine bay before it gets to the turbon inlet. The only system I've found that would do that is the Mishimoto Intake which is $400. Then you'd have to wrap that whole sucker in reflective gold/silver and even then you're probably only wringing out an extra 5-10HP *at most* with an aggressive BT tune.

it won't affect the intercooler at all as it sits way above it, the radiator though? probably not either.