Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST-2 Seems down on power

rossg1283

Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit advice for an issue I think I'm having with my 2016 Fiesta ST-2.

I don't know if it's down to a technical issue or if it's my mind playing tricks on me but the car seems down on power.

A few things that have led me to believe it could be technical are that the car feels slower on pickup when accelerating hard (in 2nd gear for example), the turbo seems a lot less noisy than I previously remember (when you've got the window down and accelerating, you can definitively hear the turbo whine whereas now it seems very faint, and sometimes you can barely hear a noise at all) and very recently on a motorway trip the engine management light came on. I had full intention of plugging in my OBD reader to find the fault, but after getting home and turning the car off its never returned, even after another motorway trip. I read a few posts indicating it could be a boost pressure problem, so I plugged in my reader and took it for a drive however I'm still getting a good 16-17 psi boost reading when at full throttle. Any advice of where or what to check would be greatly appreciated!

If you’re tuned send your tuner a data log or just get a big turbo and Thermal exhaust

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
First off...What is the engine code that was set? Second have you raised the car off the ground to check all the Boost hoses and charge pipes? Then get back to us and possibly get into a BT and Thermal Exhaust.

OP
R

rossg1283

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I realised I should have elaborated a bit more lol. I never managed to find out what the code was as after the car was turned off/on the code had cleared itself so when I plugged my reader in there was nothing logged for me to read. And the car is currently stock. I haven't checked the pipes just yet, I'll get round to checking those first.