Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Ram Air BIG MOUTH Intake Snorkel by Velossa Tech Engineering - R&D thread!

I bought a cheap flexible 10mm wrench from Amazon. I didn't care about the quality because I would only use it for this job. I think it cost me $8.00. As you can see from the picture, it is shallower than a socket on my smallest wrench and it angles over 90*. It made tightening the nut much easier.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I though there was a straight shot from the engine side. Use to be a picture around. I will have to go look at mine, but a 8" extension was easy to install.

We are highly considering making tools that come with the kit to make the nut job easier.

We are definitely moving forward with a soft redesign of the cowl area to make it more flush. Here is the current 3D scanning that is underway at VT HQ.

Yeah....this nut is gonna drive me crazy. It got it started but my 10mm gear wrench isn't angle enough to get it snug. Might have to try harbor freight for something!

Yeah....this nut is gonna drive me crazy. It got it started but my 10mm gear wrench isn't angle enough to get it snug. Might have to try harbor freight for something!
a regular box wrench will work if you tilt it towards the passenger side and get it up in there, then press on the head of the wrench with your hand to push it on the nut, we tried this yesterday and it was pretty easy. Use the head of the wrench, it doesnt require much force.

I ended up holding the nut with a piece of duct tape and managed to get my finger back there to tighten it. With how snug the big-mouth fits into the existing intake and the nut itself being self locking; I'm not worried about it coming apart. Will recheck it for tightness next time I have the bumper off.

I ended up holding the nut with a piece of duct tape and managed to get my finger back there to tighten it. With how snug the big-mouth fits into the existing intake and the nut itself being self locking; I'm not worried about it coming apart. Will recheck it for tightness next time I have the bumper off.
Good to hear, let me know if you have any more questions.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Just to clarify. To get a Gen 3 Big Mouth I can just order it as normal on the website?