Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB FINALLY! Full Rear Diffuser Made for US Bumpers by ES Design

Trader history for LilPocketRocket (0)

Good day everyone. I'm sure some of you have seen this picture circulating around every once in a while.... It's made by ES Design and it looks amazing with the quad 3" tips.

1598263510739.png

Fast forward to when I saw it, and I had to have it. My stone deflector (A.K.A. rear diffuser) has been through a rough time and has since cracked and split to the point of no return. I contacted the owner of Extreme Style Design about mocking up a diffuser SPECIFICALLY made for US bumper covers, and this is what he said:

We can 100% do this. You state that the EU diffuser won't fit [the US Fiesta ST] as is. Do you, or can you get pictures of, an EU diffuser against an US bumper so that we can see the differences and what would need to be altered on ours to then make it fit? From there, we can work out if its doable with sending in only a US diffuser for mock-up purposes, or if we would need you to send a full bumper to make one fit.

Essentially, they're open to the idea. This is fantastic since no one has provided this piece for us. If someone can provide a picture of what the Euro diffuser looks like on our car, it'd give them an idea of what they need to do. Price point will most likely be around $300 for the piece. If you are interested, please let me know in this thread

OP
LilPocketRocket
Thread Starter #3
This is the Maxton Design diffuser,and its about an inch or so off on both sides.Hope this helps.
Negi, you ROCK! I'll go ahead and forward your pictures and video to David, the owner, to see what he thinks.

Hopefully they can help us US peeps out lol.That was the diffuser I bought from my buddy and then returned it as I didn't feel like doing fab work to make it fit.I have delta style front lip so always was looking to get something that matches the front

Business6

Even without a quad exhaust (I'd love to see what that looks like underneath) I'd be down for this.

OP
LilPocketRocket
Thread Starter #10
Update:

David and I have been going back and forth on what would need to be done to make this work. Based on everything we've gone over, it seems that the biggest difference between the two bumpers regarding the fitment comes down to the rear spats. Here's some pictures to show the difference between the US and EU rear bumpers:

1598335547630.png

1598335869605.png

While the crash bar on the US cars has been thought to be the main culprit, you can tell from these photos that the EU bumpers has much less-pronounced spats than on a US bumper. Based on the messages and photos I've received from the awesome members of this forum, that is where fitment becomes the issue. David at ES Design believes this to be an easy fix and is already mocking up some potential solutions.

By any chance, has anyone ever taken off their rear diffuser? I'm about to take off mine tomorrow since David needs to see if the mounting points are nearly identical. I'll also look around to see if Ford provides diagrams for it (which I am doubting slightly). Furthermore, any additional input from people that have tried to install an EU diffuser will be most appreciated.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
couple of things I notice about the UK bumper first off the turn signal lights are a but narrower and longer. Then the the stock diffuser goes higher up on the EU car. It literally goes to the body design line while ours stops short by a good couple of inches my guess is that would be because of our crash bars.
I would suggest you take measurements of the american stock diffuser as that will give him accurate size area info he will need to do it right.

The whole execution of the EU bumper design wise is just so much cleaner looking it ties in the lines of the car better. lol
Having not had it brought to my attention I would be fine with ours bodyline wise and none the less wiser. Now having seen this I can’t unsee it and everytime I look at our bumpers I will forever see the difference.
DAmN IT!! :ROFLMAO::unsure::mad::ROFLMAO:

anyways ya I would get that diffuser in a heartbeat if it was available here I saw that pic and the vid with the Hurricane exhaust and it sounded sick. I would ditch my Thermal in a Heartbeat for that exhaust lol.

Last edited:
OP
LilPocketRocket
Thread Starter #12
Update #2:

After discussing the matter with numerous UK members and sneaking onto different forums for the right answer, it seems that I'm going to have to order a Zetec S rear diffuser (the shield and grille altogether) and see what needs further adjustment. The Zetec S and ST180 diffusers are identical except for the exhaust cutout that doesn't exist on the Zetec S. In that case, I'll make a cutout with my angle grinder since it's not a permanent solution. All the mounting points for the diffusers seem nearly identical but will more than likely fit differently. I'll be highlighting any areas that need correction and post them on here when that is all said and done.

My next update will certainly take a couple more weeks as everything unfolds with trying to balance my profession and my hobbies in addition to waiting for Customs to accept the shipment. Just figured I'd let you all know.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
This is the Maxton Design diffuser,and its about an inch or so off on both sides.Hope this helps.
I was thinking about getting the maxton defuser. Have anymore pictures? Also that fitment doesn't look great, is that because it's the Euro design?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ahh I see. Nice to know the fitment is poor. Thanks.
the fitment is actually very good if you are installing it on a european bumper cover as designed
the front and rear bumper covers, grill, rear hatch, and rear valance are all completely different in europe vs the US
the only way to have a UK/Euro company create body parts for the US market is to send them donor parts from the US

Negi

the fitment is actually very good if you are installing it on a european bumper cover as designed
the front and rear bumper covers, grill, rear hatch, and rear valance are all completely different in europe vs the US
the only way to have a UK/Euro company create body parts for the US market is to send them donor parts from the US
I agree,Everything else lines up perfect.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yeah I totally get that. Guess for a cleaner look without buying donor parts would be the Velossa Tech diffuser inserts.

I'm a little late to this thread, but I'm 100% in for a US version of either the Maxton or the ES Design. I'm amazed that we don't yet have many options here in the US after a 6 year run of the Fiesta ST. No disrespect to anyone adding fins (since that's basically our only option here) but I'm looking for a sturdier and more "factory" looking solution and either of the above mentioned would fit the bill.