Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First time tracking the FiST

Excited I got to enjoy the FiST for the first time on track this weekend at Road Atlanta with Chin Motorsports. Saturday we had wet track, and with the stability management disabled I found it hilarious how eager the car was to be sideways everywhere. The only nuisance was the constant torque vectoring while trying to get back to power. However I did find an entertaining solution. By getting the car super loose on entry I was able to get the car pointed the correct direction and get back to power with less steering angle in the car, hence limiting inside wheel spin.

[video=youtube;8s5a_QlyWSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s5a_QlyWSc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sunday we had clear dry track and was able to really open the FiST up. I've tracked a lot of different cars in the 9 years I have been attending DE's, however I struggle to think of the last time I got off track with a smile as big as I had Sunday. The little car absolutely destroys corners, and constantly was doing its best impersonation of a tripod! Over the sessions I had no overheating issues (ambient was about 75) and the only thing that gave up was the brakes. Before I take her out again I will be going to stainless lines, Cobalt brake pads, and Motul 600 brake fluid. And if you are looking to track your FiST or anything else, look into Chin Motorsports. Their two-day track events offer 7 hours of total track time for registered drivers and have a significantly lower cost per hour when compared to Track Night, Hooked on driving, and many other providers.

[video=youtube;ST_RFoRhgdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST_RFoRhgdA[/video]

I'm surprise no one has commented on this yet!

Looks like a blast and you were driving the poo out of the fist! Going through the esses like a boss. Seriously... that was some good driving! So much open track as well. Im jealous man.

I look forward to more posts. Thanks for taking the time to upload your vids and share!

Getting passed by that new Lambo... what a treat!

Is this track day a once per year event? Do you have a link to the schedule? I am very interested in getting down to Road Atlanta for a track day.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great driving, the way it should be done, all out, curbs, rumble strips....all the fun and faster way when done right:)

I like your rain driving as much as well of course!

I liked the camera action as more like being there, can tell the speed better, "feel" the bumps and g's....

What camera mount were you using?

-----------------

I just saw the Ariel Atom on your cars list, that has to be incredibly fun as well!

Looking forward to your next track videos:)

OP
DucesWild
Thread Starter #5
Thanks RAAM! Camera is a GoPro Hero 3 mounted to the side of my helmet using their regular mounts. Makes it easy to get the same shot when jumping in and out of multiple vehicles!

Great driving, the way it should be done, all out, curbs, rumble strips....all the fun and faster way when done right:)

I like your rain driving as much as well of course!

I liked the camera action as more like being there, can tell the speed better, "feel" the bumps and g's....

What camera mount were you using?

-----------------

I just saw the Ariel Atom on your cars list, that has to be incredibly fun as well!

Looking forward to your next track videos:)

OP
DucesWild
Thread Starter #6
Leslade

By no means a once a year track event! Chin Motorsports has visited Road Atlanta 7 times this year, and has 2 more events before the end of 2015. Here is a link to their calendar http://www.chinmotorsports.com/Calendar.aspx These events are typically Saturday-Sunday and you can expect 3.5 hours of track time per day! If we could get a few FiST drivers together to sign up we could get a group discount, I know a guy [biggrin]
Is this track day a once per year event? Do you have a link to the schedule? I am very interested in getting down to Road Atlanta for a track day.

I am definitely interested in the November 28-29 track days. I am doing the ST Octane Academy Oct 17-18, so I'm not available those days.
If this is my first real track day, would I have to sign up in one of the remaining novice spots?
I'm all for a group discount!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks!
I have the same camera, called the Silver if that means anything, never used it yet.
I have a very good low weight helmet I can mount it to as well, HJC SA-12.

Chuckable

Excited I got to enjoy the FiST for the first time on track this weekend at Road Atlanta with Chin Motorsports. Saturday we had wet track, and with the stability management disabled I found it hilarious how eager the car was to be sideways everywhere. The only nuisance was the constant torque vectoring while trying to get back to power. However I did find an entertaining solution. By getting the car super loose on entry I was able to get the car pointed the correct direction and get back to power with less steering angle in the car, hence limiting inside wheel spin.

[video=youtube;8s5a_QlyWSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s5a_QlyWSc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sunday we had clear dry track and was able to really open the FiST up. I've tracked a lot of different cars in the 9 years I have been attending DE's, however I struggle to think of the last time I got off track with a smile as big as I had Sunday. The little car absolutely destroys corners, and constantly was doing its best impersonation of a tripod! Over the sessions I had no overheating issues (ambient was about 75) and the only thing that gave up was the brakes. Before I take her out again I will be going to stainless lines, Cobalt brake pads, and Motul 600 brake fluid. And if you are looking to track your FiST or anything else, look into Chin Motorsports. Their two-day track events offer 7 hours of total track time for registered drivers and have a significantly lower cost per hour when compared to Track Night, Hooked on driving, and many other providers.

[video=youtube;ST_RFoRhgdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST_RFoRhgdA[/video]
Always great to hear about a FiST on the track! I've heard nothing but good things about Chin. It takes more of a financial commitment to do a 2-day event, though, so Hooked on Driving or The HPDE are cheaper 1-day alternatives if anyone is looking (even though Chin is a better bang for the buck for track time).