Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First trip to the drag strip in 2023!

First time to the track yesterday, luckily we had a nice day for early February in Oklahoma! Weather was in the mid 60s, stiff south west wind. Car performed very well, we made the decision the day before to put some good gas in it due to the fuel pressure drop we are having around 6500rpm on ethanol mix. This temporarily resolved this issue but at $15.75 per gallon that isn't quite ideal, lol. We will have it lined out soon on ethanol mix and back to the track again! These two runs were on 225-50-15 Toyo R888R tires, stock clutch, trans, axles etc. Next improvements will be slicks, a clutch, and map sensor so we can crank on the boost some more! Watch until the end for a little surprise ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA_lx9quQYw

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Questions: What specifically have you done for weight reduction? Also did you do any trimming/etc to fit those tires?

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #5
Questions: What specifically have you done for weight reduction? Also did you do any trimming/etc to fit those tires?
Passenger, back seats out. No wiper equipment at all. Rear hatch trim panel gone. Carbon hood and wing. Washer fluid bottle is gone. I could pull a lot more out of it to be honest, and I plan on doing that! No trimming other than taking out the fender liners, I did have to raise the coil overs up quite a bit and it still rubs a tad, but not terrible.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Same overall diameter as a 225/45-16. What part rubs? If you raised higher would it stop?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Which (actual) fuel did you use?

One of the unleaded 100 octane types (Sunoco SS100/260 GT, VP 101/MS100, Torco, etc.), or did you go higher than that to one of the full-on leaded race fuels?

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #8
Same overall diameter as a 225/45-16. What part rubs? If you raised higher would it stop?
Right at the top of the fender before it meets the bumper. More than likely yes, but I'm getting new coil overs sometime this week or next, so I didn't spend a ton of time making it perfect.

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #9
Which (actual) fuel did you use?

One of the unleaded 100 octane types (Sunoco SS100/260 GT, VP 101/MS100, Torco, etc.), or did you go higher than that to one of the full-on leaded race fuels?
Yes 104 octane Sunoco, GT Plus is what it's called apparently. Adam told me definitely don't use anything leaded.