Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FIST Octane Academy Edition

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I paid $8k. It also came with 2 new in box front calipers.
Ya that was what I was offered one for. I almost went ahead and did it. The only reason I did not was by the time I got done with state sales tax and shipping the thing clear across the country I would have been close to if not just passed the 10k mark thereby making it not so great a deal. Thing is a used FiST is cheap these days already and though these cars have low mileage they have been abused on the track. Not to discount anyones purchase but that is why they were priced how they were,.

OP
O
Thread Starter #22
Ya that was what I was offered one for. I almost went ahead and did it. The only reason I did not was by the time I got done with state sales tax and shipping the thing clear across the country I would have been close to if not just passed the 10k mark thereby making it not so great a deal. Thing is a used FiST is cheap these days already and though these cars have low mileage they have been abused on the track. Not to discount anyones purchase but that is why they were priced how they were,.
Luckily for me I literally live 25 min from where they were. Went there and drove it home

kevinatfms

I am wondering IF the cages installed in them meet most of the sanctioning bodies' safety specs/buildrequirements. [dunno]
I highly doubt those rear downtubes/downstays would be accepted at an SCCA event. They should have been welded to the shock towers and a brace built between them. Article G of the Solo Roll Bar standards points this out to where tubes shall terminate and i quote "it is not sufficient to simply attach the roll bar to a single tube or junction of tubes".

Here is the B-Spec cage which shows the downtube/stays going to the tower and bracing across which is significantly stronger than the Octane Academy cars. They use a mounting plate at the rear tower location to help spread the load.
1620218398198.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah, upon closer inspection of the interior pics from that last sales posting listing thread for one of these, and this post, I realized that it is barely a 'single impact/easy rollover' protection provider.
(I've never seen a pic of their 'cages' up close/in person before this, not having had the privilege of attending the Utah OA myself when my car was new. [wink])

NO; triangulation, gusseting, reinforcement, or any of the other required items for most sanctioning bodies' GC rules.

The ARA (not to even mention the FIA WRC) spec cages might even be more intensive than those B-Spec ones, given that they have the chance to be hitting stationary objects at speed (dead stopping from trees and big boulders), and an even better chance of rollovers from hooking ditches, and flying off of the forest roads from ill taken 'yumps'.

Last edited: