Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiSTs and Civic Sports in autocross

Been looking through past SCCA national results (armchair racing…).

The FiST was cleaning up until 2021, then it seems like the 2017+ Civic Sport came into its own. Last year was almost all CS in H street.

Since the power-to-weight ratio of the ST is so much better, is it mostly the stock tire limitations in HS that hamper it? Looks like you can run 235s or even 245s on a CS, then people throw on a Type R rear bar with shocks and have a good platform. The ST can run up to 215s, right?

Or are there just less ST people driving after Ford pulled the plug in the US? Thoughts?

CSM

1000 Post Club
Been looking through past SCCA national results (armchair racing…).

The FiST was cleaning up until 2021, then it seems like the 2017+ Civic Sport came into its own. Last year was almost all CS in H street.

Since the power-to-weight ratio of the ST is so much better, is it mostly the stock tire limitations in HS that hamper it? Looks like you can run 235s or even 245s on a CS, then people throw on a Type R rear bar with shocks and have a good platform. The ST can run up to 215s, right?

Or are there just less ST people driving after Ford pulled the plug in the US? Thoughts?
The fist just can't compete with the civic sport because of the tire advantage. You can squeeze some big rubber under there. I was there in '21 when Pardus gave it his best, which was good enough for third IIRC. he's from my region and an amazing driver....after that result it was basically a death knell for the fiestas chance to ever be competitive at nats again

OP
tri-pedaler
Thread Starter #3
The fist just can't compete with the civic sport because of the tire advantage. You can squeeze some big rubber under there. I was there in '21 when Pardus gave it his best, which was good enough for third IIRC. he's from my region and an amazing driver....after that result it was basically a death knell for the fiestas chance to ever be competitive at nats again
Sad stuff - do they do ok outside of H street?

OP
tri-pedaler
Thread Starter #6
Right? I saw that forum when I was investigating why the CS platform has been so successful. That (and maybe taller gearing) answered it...

@faust, what wheels are you running with the 215s?