Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

focus turbo?

hey everyone, is the focus turbo any good or a good option for a "big turbo" for our little cars. their pretty cheap and i assume quality parts? also im gonna need new tires pretty soon i think i want mpss's? don't neeed the grip but they sound nice.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
hey everyone, is the focus turbo any good or a good option for a "big turbo" for our little cars. their pretty cheap and i assume quality parts? also im gonna need new tires pretty soon i think i want mpss's? don't neeed the grip but they sound nice.
Nope their Turbo is an odd manifold mounted style. Just get a Whoosh hybrid* ...end the insanity now.

If it were a good, viable option a lot of people would be going that route - like Typhoon said I believe it's mounted in a way that doesn't play well with the 1.6. Whoosh hybrid or S280 are really the go-to options before the "big turbos".

If it were a good, viable option a lot of people would be going that route - like Typhoon said I believe it's mounted in a way that doesn't play well with the 1.6. Whoosh hybrid or S280 are really the go-to options before the "big turbos".
Focus STs use a fully integrated manifold if memory serves. The turbo/exhaust manifold is water cooled that’s a reason why big turbo Focus STs are rare, you need to buy a manifold in addition to a turbo/tune. At that point you might be better off swapping a RS crate motor in.

That said part of me has always wondered why no one tried to use a 3.5 EB turbo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk