Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford v Ferrari movie...

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Weren't there a handful of street cars produced?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Yes in 2005 but it was limited production. All the 2017 were specifically built to be raced but you could buy them if you were approved by Ford and there was a waiting list for all made.

99% of Hollywood IS a shithole. I used to work in it.

I really liked the way the Grand Tour did their piece on it in season 1 episode 6....Ford v Ferrari, not the Hollywood shithole.
Exactly my man! They won’t get a plug nickel from me 👌

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
99% of Hollywood IS a shithole. I used to work in it.

I really liked the way the Grand Tour did their piece on it in season 1 episode 6....Ford v Ferrari, not the Hollywood shithole.
I love the Grand Tour.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Scotman2
Thread Starter #28
The joint was overflowing with incredible talent.
Of the first generation Ford GT. Yes, very few. They even built incomplete chassis and incomplete cars with spare components for buyers who were constructing their own race car! That is amazing. The gen 2 were all street cars. Some of them were converted to a race spec. The gen 3 cars, of course, are all thinly disguised track cars with a few required additions to allow them to be street able. I have had a serious case of lust for the replicas of the original Ford GT made by a South African firm called Roaring Forties. RF offer kits in several levels of completion, for approximately Corvette money plus labor. Just the thought of them makes my pants tight.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Superformance in Orange county actually has stampings to make the body panels and was licensed by Carroll Shelby to make original copies of the MKI and MKII that carry official stamping numbers. They still do them. I personally wanted the 2005 GT as it was a road going replica that was a bit more modern. They are a number of those bouncing around some are at dealerships still as dealer owners bought them for themselves.
The 2017 was like Scotman said basically a road going race car, and like I said basically super expensive and pretty much unobtainable at this point unless you’re super rich. Lol

Last edited:
OP
Scotman2
Thread Starter #30
Superformance in Orange county actually has stampings to make the body panels and was licensed by Carroll Shelby to make original copies of the MKI and MKII that carry official stamping numbers. They still do them. I personally wanted the 2005 GT as it was a road going replica that was a bit more modern. They are a number of those bouncing around some are at dealerships still as dealer owners bought them for themselves.
The 2017 was like Scotman said basically a road going race car, and like I said basically super expensive and pretty much unobtainable at this point unless your super rich. Lol
Plus, the newest version, while very kick-ass, is not the sort of car that lends itself to street driving. It can be street driven, but the ride is not compliant in any way, and you must remember to adjust the ride height if you are approaching an inclined parking lot or driveway. Otherwise, you tear off a couple of thousand dollars in front splitter. Jay Leno admitted to having that happen to him.

Last edited:
OP
Scotman2
Thread Starter #31
Another company, other than Roaring Forties,that is producing a good, usable replica body/chassis kit is RCR/Superlite cars. I have seen these on track and also was able to examine a complete one strapped to an enclosed hauler. I'm very impressed by what I have seen. They have a couple of rolling chassis offered recently for around 75 grand. These are more track oriented than street and have some sill extension and fender flares (not quite widebody. But close) that didn't appeal to me. But everything else was awesome.

Attachments