Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fords New EcoBoost V6

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Glad the fist doesn't gain as much as the F150 apparently does with 2 extra doors, lol.

Can't remember if the trucks tested were 4x4 or not either. Funny, you could order the "tremor" truck before it was available and it was cheap. Then ford realized it, loaded it with crap, upped the price and put FX2 strips on it and its actually slower than the truck you could have ordered the year before. I was in the ecoboost market at that point, but held off to see if I liked the fiesta enough to buy one.

Gear ratio is also a big factor that is often over looked.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I can't wait I just got a batch of 2.7 ecoboost to to take apart and the dyno cells will be testing. Hmmm

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Drove a 2.7 Eco crew cab 2wd the other day. Sweet jesus that thing hauls!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I am inclined to agree. I had a bunch of old BMW's, all inline-6 iron block, aluminum heads. All had head-gasket issues after between 100-200K miles. Not a big deal as HG, cooling issues were very common in BMW's of that vintage. I think the different rate of expansion and compression of the two different metals is the root of those issues.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
HAHA no issues with 1.6 or the 3.5. Weird?

I am inclined to agree. I had a bunch of old BMW's, all inline-6 iron block, aluminum heads. All had head-gasket issues after between 100-200K miles. Not a big deal as HG, cooling issues were very common in BMW's of that vintage. I think the different rate of expansion and compression of the two different metals is the root of those issues.
2jz is iron block aluminum head.

me32

1000 Post Club

might wanna do your home work. there have been issues with all the 1st run ecoboost motors. just part of being new an not knowing the issues till people buy them.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
might wanna do your home work. there have been issues with all the 1st run ecoboost motors. just part of being new an not knowing the issues till people buy them.
problem was with the intercoolers. I have the same problem with my Cobb. Not so much now.

airjor13

2000 Post Club

Yes, but the 2JZ has a much better stock for stock cooling system then BMW. A crappy cooling system highlights the problem, one overheating session, even slightly will result in warped or cracked head in iron/aluminum constructions that you might be able to get away with in full aluminum construction. No doubt iron block are stout for massive power builds but old school weight penalties can be solved with maybe 90-95% power potential and strength with a solid, closed deck reinforced aluminum block.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Yes, but the 2JZ has a much better stock for stock cooling system then BMW. A crappy cooling system highlights the problem, one overheating session, even slightly will result in warped or cracked head in iron/aluminum constructions that you might be able to get away with in full aluminum construction. No doubt iron block are stout for massive power builds but old school weight penalties can be solved with maybe 90-95% power potential and strength with a solid, closed deck reinforced aluminum block.
This is so true. Bmw's of the early 2k's or late 90's a;ways needed a HG. Especially here in the southern summer.