Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Frankie's Fiesta

Can you post a vid? I haven't found any vids and I think I may just end up going with this since everybody seems to be switching to it.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Can you post a vid? I haven't found any vids and I think I may just end up going with this since everybody seems to be switching to it.
Sure, here you go. Made this earlier after installing it. Sorry it's a short video, I uploaded it to Instagram and they only take short videos. It's loud, not sure the video does it much justice.

[video]https://youtu.be/zpxJ2d8CKU8[/video]

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
For the record.... If anyone else buys that manifold and wants an external wastegate, its $300 in labor instead of $250, lol. I had to pay the welder extra, lol. No big deal because I'm in for results just like everyone else :)

Hope everything looks good to you Frank.

Next turbo goes out to someone with a Pumaspeed quick spool and internal gate. So.... We should be seeing some interesting feed back(s) FOR BETTER FOR WORSE ( which ever it is ) soon.

PS: I hate 93octane. Lol.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
For the record.... If anyone else buys that manifold and wants an external wastegate, its $300 in labor instead of $250, lol. I had to pay the welder extra, lol. No big deal because I'm in for results just like everyone else :)

Hope everything looks good to you Frank.

Next turbo goes out to someone with a Pumaspeed quick spool and internal gate. So.... We should be seeing some interesting feed back(s) FOR BETTER FOR WORSE ( which ever it is ) soon.

PS: I hate 93octane. Lol.

Yeah I hope it all works well (even for pumaspeed guy). I hope for good feedback so people have another option for their build. At the end of the day who doesn't want more options? Right now your choices are pumaspeed, modified stock manifold, or full deadhook kit to get their manifold. Not enough if you ask me. If this performs even decently well it'll be worth the $400+$250 I spent to have the flange and wastegate added.

I'm going to have to see what all this ethanol talk is about after my 93 tune. Haha. Just need to drive 45 mins to get me some

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Frank, Glad to see you got the 2JR cowl intake manifold installed. Didn't suit my purposes, but it is a plug and play kit now. It was loud until I added sound deadening from Raamaudio, then it wasn't so bad. Enjoy the Cyborg. I'm also thinking of getting the Cyborg for a little more HP, but mostly because it is the OEM turbo. I'll be watching your posts for results. Then make a decision to go quick spool or Cyborg.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Frank, the cyborg makes a lot more turbo noise vs the stock turbo WITHOUT the 2J intake. So... It may get louder, lol. My car sounds like a jet, lol. I cut an alum divider plate last night to coat with raamat.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Frank, the cyborg makes a lot more turbo noise vs the stock turbo WITHOUT the 2J intake. So... It may get louder, lol. My car sounds like a jet, lol. I cut an alum divider plate last night to coat with raamat.
I don't mind the intake so much.. On long drives it does get old but I can live with it. My girlfriend on the other hand..... Lol
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] where can I purchase some of this sound deadening that others have had good results with?

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
Frank, Glad to see you got the 2JR cowl intake manifold installed. Didn't suit my purposes, but it is a plug and play kit now. It was loud until I added sound deadening from Raamaudio, then it wasn't so bad. Enjoy the Cyborg. I'm also thinking of getting the Cyborg for a little more HP, but mostly because it is the OEM turbo. I'll be watching your posts for results. Then make a decision to go quick spool or Cyborg.
Cool, I'm going to look into the sound deadening. Is there a certain spot in the cowl you blocked off or just all around the intake? Noise doesn't bother me but my girlfriend hates it. I honestly could care less what she thinks (lol) but since I'll have the cowl off again to do the turbo install I might as well be nice and see what I can do

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Cool, I'm going to look into the sound deadening. Is there a certain spot in the cowl you blocked off or just all around the intake? Noise doesn't bother me but my girlfriend hates it. I honestly could care less what she thinks (lol) but since I'll have the cowl off again to do the turbo install I might as well be nice and see what I can do
Raamaudio sold me more than enough material for 25.00. Ensolite is probably the best to use. There is an air inlet at the passenger's side, I made a divider that would allow air to get in from the center of the cowl, and covered this with raammat, both sides. This is placed between the air inlet and the 2JR intake air filter. I also put raammat in the entire cavity. This was what really lowered the noise. If I had to do it again, I would use thin plywood, insulated on both sides with ensolite or raammat. Then shove this in between the air filter and the air inlet. I used aluminum sheet, and it would vibrate and buzz after a while.

Awesome, can't wait to see some videos. I'm sure this is going to start sounding like a beast.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Update: the raammat and ensolite worked wonders. Intake is livable now.

2J intercooler set to arrive Tuesday. Going to start installing cyborg, manifold, downpipe, intercooler all in one shot during the week/next weekend. Dyno tuning is set for 3/17. Will be sure to upload a few photos of install and of course a video/picture of car on the dyno.

Excited to see your results! I just purchased the 2j intercooler and can't wait for it. Love your build. It's what I would like to have done someday.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Excited to see your results! I just purchased the 2j intercooler and can't wait for it. Love your build. It's what I would like to have done someday.
So you weren't in on the original group buy? Did you talk to Joe at 2J and see how long it might take to get? I've been waiting for a LONG time. Just so you are aware.

Thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated

So you weren't in on the original group buy? Did you talk to Joe at 2J and see how long it might take to get? I've been waiting for a LONG time. Just so you are aware.

Thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated
No I was not in the original group buy but I couldn't pass up the price. I read through the thread about the delays. I am hopeful that since the actual design is finalized it will not take as long to receive. Either way I'm not in the biggest rush. It's still March and it doesn't udually get hot in CT till late May/Early June.

No I was not in the original group buy but I couldn't pass up the price. I read through the thread about the delays. I am hopeful that since the actual design is finalized it will not take as long to receive. Either way I'm not in the biggest rush. It's still March and it doesn't udually get hot in CT till late May/Early June.
Spoke with Joe. It will ship today :)