Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front Grilles and Lower Valance Modification

I know there are a ton of people that modify the grilles and do something with the honeycomb but I have no idea what it is that they do. Does anyone have any before and after pictures and maybe a write up or explanation as to how they did it?

Next would be the lower valance or intercooler guard. I know some people take out the horizontal rows and leave only the vertical ones. Any explanation on how they did that or is it as simple and using something to cut it out?

Thank you in advance.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
If you look, or try to look through the bottom portion of your upper grille, you will notice that the bottom is plugged with plastic, even though the outside still has the "honeycomb" grill cells. When you pull your front end off, and look inside, you will see that all of the lower part of the grill is solid. I plan on removing my front end when I get the Deadhook FMIC (I have a Levels IC) and grinding the bottom of the grille. Most people use a high speed grinder, but I plan on using a flat rotary rasp. This should clog less, and do less melting of the plastic than the grinders others have used.

I will be adding this retrofit of the FMIC and crash bar to my build, so others can see how I do this install. I'm also going to install the 2JR intake with baffling and sound deadening. I've had Raamaudio help me with the materials. This will also go into my build thread. I plan on making templates and taking photos that I can be used by others to duplicate my efforts.

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #3
Looking forward to it. I'm just trying to gather more info since I will be having my front end apart for the install of the DHM FMIC as well. I guess I'll see more when I take it all apart.

Looking forward to it. I'm just trying to gather more info since I will be having my front end apart for the install of the DHM FMIC as well. I guess I'll see more when I take it all apart.
Let me know when you do it ill help out! [wrenchin]

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the offer, I'll probably be doing it at my buddies shop since he has all the tools, lifts, etc.

I know there are a ton of people that modify the grilles and do something with the honeycomb but I have no idea what it is that they do. Does anyone have any before and after pictures and maybe a write up or explanation as to how they did it?

Next would be the lower valance or intercooler guard. I know some people take out the horizontal rows and leave only the vertical ones. Any explanation on how they did that or is it as simple and using something to cut it out?

Thank you in advance.
I can only comment on the lower intercooler grill. It simply pulls off from the front with a firm tug working from one side to the other. The vertical bars that you speak of are what the grill is snapped onto.

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #7
Ohhh that's easy then. Don't even need to take off the front bumper then?