Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

full replacement oil dipstick....finally!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like "Most".....really? LOL!
Okay, maybe it's just me.... :ROFLMAO:

Anyhow, I ordered mine yesterday in red and will definitely give a thorough review when it arrives. It looks amazing from the pictures. Given it's from Cravenspeed, I have no doubt on fit and finish.

Update:

I received my Dipstick. To my surprise, it was flexible as seen in the picture. It might seem odd at first, but it straightens out as you pull it out. Even in red, it looks OEM and blends in very nicely with the engine bay.

With that being said, my Dipstick was too short for my car. It was about an inch off, so I'll have to talk to Ron about my issue. I'm hoping it's just an isolated incident because it really is a great Dipstick with ideal function.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Update:

I received my Dipstick. To my surprise, it was flexible as seen in the picture. It might seem odd at first, but it straightens out as you pull it out. Even in red, it looks OEM and blends in very nicely with the engine bay.

With that being said, my Dipstick was too short for my car. It was about an inch off, so I'll have to talk to Ron about my issue. I'm hoping it's just an isolated incident because it really is a great Dipstick with ideal function.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
So, your FiST would be significantly over-filled with that? Wow. Very disappointed, especially at the price point. :confused:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
So, your FiST would be significantly over-filled with that? Wow. Very disappointed, especially at the price point. :confused:
I agree this is not something you can make a mistake on.
Get it down to $40, put a proper crosshatch design on it with perfect fitment, and I will buy it tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I thought this dipstick was checked and re-checked for fitment and design? There must be a manufacturing issue here. Hopefully Ron@whoosh will clarify the issue at hand.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #33
This dipstick is made by Cravenspeed, the price is the same for all the dipsticks they produce. Price isn't a choice we have, it's a MAP price set by Cravenspeed.
The sample I have from Cravenspeed works on our 2017 & 2018
I have asked the customer with issue to measure his OEM part for Cravenspeed. We suspect there are possibly different lengths depending on the year and build date/location of the engines

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #34
for the sake of science
anyone that's willing to measure their OEM dipstick please post here along with the part number on the handle
the measurement is taken from the Base of the handle to the MAX fill line
we believe but it's not confirmed that the 2014-2017 have one length and the 2018-2019 have a different length. There may not be a clean year change though for part numbers or lengths since our 2017 & 2018 have the same dipstick

thanks in advance for any help on this (y)

2016 PN=BM5G 6750 CA (FoMoCo) other side has PA66 GF30 C9K3A
Base of handle (where metal starts) to MAX =17 3/8" (it's 18 5/8" from where handle seats to valve cover to MAX, as measured by @TyphoonFiST, above).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So are all of us over or under filling our engines? Is the next question!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.