Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Future FISTer. Ex-Honda/Import guy.

Sorry for the essay.

I love Honda. But they're taking their sweet time. And the promising stuff to come won't be for at least a couple years in North America. I can't be waiting that long. I've had a few Honda's. An Accord, couple Prelude's, and a 2001 Integra. I've tried other cars as well. NA MX-5 Miata, e36 BMW with an e46 3.0L swap, and now a Japanese market RHD 97 WRX. I've considered getting back into the "Honda game" but the ST does everything better. I'd have to Type R the crap out of a usdm EP3 SiR hatch k20 vtec swap and all which is too much work when you can get a shiny new factory car with a warranty.

I was in the market for an FRS, and have a couple hours experience driving in them. I don't like the FA20 motor. I don't like half the people that drive them. I hate the Scion brand, and have had a terrible time at dealers with salespeople that didn't know their product, with one couldn't even tell difference between TC and FRS. Everything else about it is exceptionally brilliant. I'm just not willing to pay what they're going for both used, and new, which they made pretty clear to me is 30k OTD for base, with little to no wiggle room & 4.99% interest. Not to mention base VS base of each, Fi-ST comes with so much more including Recaro's in Canada and I think the only notable options that aren't on the base here are sunroof and nav.

Besides, FRS is out of the question as I now have the opportunity to get employee pricing at-cost with Ford, 0% financing for 72 months, and a grad rebate of 500. 21,000cdn with 0 down and no interest over 72 months, obvious winner is obvious. Might even be able to afford to keep the gas guzzling WRX, or sell it, save a little more on top and import a different JDM to play around with alongside the ST.

And best of all I don't even feel like I'm settling with the Fi-ST which surprises me. I have a LONG list of pros after research and driving one.

-Feels well sorted, balanced, can feel everything under the car working nicely.
-Torque. I've lived with gutless DD's for too long. Frequent gear changing and revs is no fun day in day out.
-Standard options: Recaro's, Sony sound, heated seats, spoiler, block heater, high performance tires (re050a's), decent looking 17" alloys
-Hatch/practical/road trips/reliable. Not sure about my Subaru, but so far so good - hasn't even broken 70k miles, its just old/I need something new.
-Fun to toss around city/ready to have a blast at the track.
-Tons of tuning options, and responds a lot better than N/A to simple mods. I watched all of Matt Farah's videos, very neat! I'd be happy with 220whp/300wtq at its 2750lbs. My WRX is 2800lbs and has 240hp/230lb-ft at the crank, probably 200/200 even at the wheels (classic Subaru drivetrain loss) and its buckets of fun and plenty fast for me.
-Easy to induce oversteer. Meanwhile my WRX understeers quite bad - but that might be from the stiff coil overs + needing some alignment up front. STi shock tower braces and thicker sway bars would be nice. My Integra felt more balanced by comparison and it had blown shocks in the rear.
-No care for drifting, just want something that feels awesome to put around a track as fast as humanly possible.

Its a couple months away but excited to be here nonetheless. Plenty of time to read and get ideas. [thumb]

KKaWing

/jelleh @ the 21K heh, Have fun looking up mods. I bookmarked lists from H-Street to STX setups and from mild street use to full blown racecar XD.

The only thing I wished the Fiesta ST can get vs. the twins is the ability to get Ohlins/MCS/AST/other really expensive suspension parts. At the moment it's stuck @ German coilovers, which are good but all use progressive springs aside from the adjustable ST Suspension XTAs but galvanized bodies only, and the Taiwanese/Chinese options. Not even RS*Rs, though they have a Mazda 2 option so they might be interested in adapting it for the Fiesta...

Ohh, I kinda rambled on didn't I. Get the dealer code CA#### and your order number #### and try out the wwwqa.cotus.ford.com site to track the order, if it doesn't work for you (like me) you can PM FordServiceCA and Nikki will be able to give you updates.

Last but not least, /welcome

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'm a Honda guy too! Just traded in my fa5 for a FiST. For a daily/street car Im loving the fiesta. It's got torque, something I couldn't seem to find with my Honda ;) haha...

I'm also building a EF hatch k24/k20a2 head. Fun cars. One thing I do miss about the Honda is the high revs but you can't have everything.

Welcome!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Welcome!!! Nice to see that you seem to have done your homework. It really helps with your decision. I have to say that the FiST is the most entertaining car that I have owned....not the fastest, but most entertaining. I am a big Ford fan, but owned many other cars from different brands including Ford, Subaru, Honda and Chevy and for the most part liked all of them. My last Mustang was making 403whp and 401 wtq. My last WRX was making 301 awhp and 304 awtq. I've used them for Drag racing, auto cross and just being fun street cars.