Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Give me hope to keep my car

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #21
S280 and fuel system upgrade transforms the car. No stock v8 can hang and they look dumfounded as to what just happened. :LOL: I went s280 without the fuel upgrades first and while it was awesome it didn't seem enough for me. I'm still on e30 and about to go to e50 and its a wicked ride. It still has tons of torque down low and everywhere really. Plus, you will turn a lot of car people's heads when they hear that turbo whistle.
Are you on the stock engine still?

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #25
Dizzy is tuning, all supporting mods, 4 point brace, all upgraded hoses and clamps,upgraded sensors, cobb carbon fiber intake, a lot more random things.
What sensors did you upgrade? Is the Cobb intake worth it? I’ve thought of changing mine but it sounds great and lowers IAT’s a lot. I need to do my cold side intercooler pipe. Also trying to decide if I’m gonna stay with a dv/bov on the intake or change to a Tial or Turbosmart bov on the intercooler pipe.

One thing to consider might be changing your priorities for the car, and refocusing on what it does best. The car's main strength is its quick and agile handling. It was never meant to be a crazy fast car in a straight line.That said, I find the stock power to be satisfying. I added a satisfying extra bump of power with the Mountune MP215 tune, and I'm happy with it, it hits a sweet spot for me.Continuing to chase huge power in this car,which it wasn't designed for, can be a recipe for dissatisfaction.
It might be that if you refocused on how fun it is to drive with the go-kart like handling, and how well balanced it is overall at a ridiculously cheap price, you might start finding it satisfying again.
If you're wondering if I have experienced a truly fast car, the answer is yes. I came to this car from an E90 M3, a 414 horsepower V8 with a nutty 8400 RPM red line.That car was really fast, but the problem for me was you couldn't really enjoy it without getting into illegal territory so fast.If I have a car that can go zero to 100 in about 10 seconds, I want to go zero to 100 in about 10 seconds.
I'm a mostly retired lawyer who has handled thousands of traffic tickets.Here in Central North Carolina where I practiced, every county has a point for a speeding ticket after which they won't plea bargain anymore. That speed is generally around 95 to 100. This means if you get a ticket going that fast, you're basically stuck with it, the DA will not reduce it. The consequences are then losing your license for a year, and maybe getting a limited driving privilege to drive to school or work if the judge is in a good mood. Your insurance also at least quadruples for 3 years. Do the math, that's a lot of money.
I'm also not interesting in pushing huge horsepower out of my car because it appears that it can handle up to 300 horsepower without compromising reliability too much. After that point, it becomes more problematic.It also avoids the situation where you're going 60 mph, you punch the gas, and in about 4 or 5 seconds you're going 100. At that point if a cop pulls you you're pretty damn screwed.
This is just something to consider before you take the drastic step of selling the car because it's not fast enough for you in a straight line.
This. Maybe the problem is not growing bored with the car, but with our roads. US roads are generally straight and open - rewarding straight line power. So we invented the muscle car. But the ST is made for twisty, technical roads - canyon carving and British B roads and meandering river routes.

More interesting roads help keep me entertained - for now.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #28
This. Maybe the problem is not growing bored with the car, but with our roads. US roads are generally straight and open - rewarding straight line power. So we invented the muscle car. But the ST is made for twisty, technical roads - canyon carving and British B roads and meandering river routes.

More interesting roads help keep me entertained - for now.
I’m in southern OR, I have tons of mountain roads and a local road race track(pretty short, but fast for autocross).
I use both, my car is setup around that, I’m gonna basically be redoing my suspension, wheels, tires, and adding a lot more chassis bracing. It’s not that I find the car super slow for those, but I’d like to do circuit racing with it and hillclimb and on those tracks you tend to fall off in the straight without a turbo upgrade. I also don’t like the power falling off. I can also run similar boost, have lower IAT’s, and run more timing making more usable efficient power for longer.

I’m in southern OR, I have tons of mountain roads and a local road race track(pretty short, but fast for autocross).
I use both, my car is setup around that, I’m gonna basically be redoing my suspension, wheels, tires, and adding a lot more chassis bracing. It’s not that I find the car super slow for those, but I’d like to do circuit racing with it and hillclimb and on those tracks you tend to fall off in the straight without a turbo upgrade. I also don’t like the power falling off. I can also run similar boost, have lower IAT’s, and run more timing making more usable efficient power for longer.
good deal - doing track days definitely changes the equation. Sounds like a good route to go then.