Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Glendale, Los Feliz, Hollywood, Studio City, Echo Park, Burbank, Eaglerock

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #222
@D-resonant @Dpro @SICKESSS-ST @Booster @J.andretti93 @dmb @RubenZZZ @D1JL @Mikey456 @KyleS
@DaleFredriks @rcarbajal4 @KnockOff @bryramos

Tagged some fairly local guys and those who expressed interest in the past for awareness that we have a meet & greet tomorrow! If you haven't been tagged and would like to join us, come on out. Cash get's you in, to join in the festivities! j/k :ROFLMAO:

NEXT MEET & GREET
DATE: Sunday, May 5th Cinco De Mayo!
TIME: 7:00 AM
NOTE: High probability there will be a drive after breakfast (10 car limit). Destination to be announced, figure on 100 mile round trip, but that can change and turn into 300 miles like our last drive! haha J/K.

Please show up with enough fuel if you plan on joining us for the drive, preferably near full tank, you never know if we take a detour out of necessity or for fun! Plans can change real fast.

Hope to see old and new faces! :)(y)

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Sorry, I don't have a new face available. :(
Hideous, as it may be, the old one will have to do. :eek:

@D-resonant @Dpro @SICKESSS-ST @Booster @J.andretti93 @dmb @RubenZZZ @D1JL @Mikey456 @KyleS
@DaleFredriks @rcarbajal4 @KnockOff @bryramos

Tagged some fairly local guys and those who expressed interest in the past for awareness that we have a meet & greet tomorrow! If you haven't been tagged and would like to join us, come on out. Cash get's you in, to join in the festivities! j/k :ROFLMAO:

NEXT MEET & GREET
DATE: Sunday, May 5th Cinco De Mayo!
TIME: 7:00 AM
LOCATION: Lancers Family Restaurant, 697 N Victory Blvd, Burbank, CA 91502 >>>>CLICK FOR MAP<<<<

NOTE: High probability there will be a drive after breakfast at Lancers (10 car limit). Destination to be announced at Lancers, figure on 100 mile round trip, but that can change and turn into 300 miles like our last drive! haha J/K.

Please show up to Lancers with enough fuel if you plan on joining us for the drive, preferably near full tank, you never know if we take a detour out of necessity or for fun! Plans can change real fast.

Hope to see old and new faces! :)(y)

People of the FiST community. I will see you in the morning. I have been down low looking forward to this. 7/8 tank of E30 and newly installed power flex pass bushing..I’m ready

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #226
I have a nearly empty tank now but will be filling up at the Shell gas station down the street from Lancers on Magnolia. There’s also Mobil and 76 in the area for those that have a preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Just got home.
Had a great time.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As I said before, a great time was had.
The roads and weather was perfect.

The only awkward moment was when Dpro asked to feel my shifter. o_O

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I missed out! I got dad.t and had to do the family thing today.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Looks like everyone had a good time. I had to work Saturday night into Sunday morning. One of these damn weekends I'll make it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #234
To recap yesterday's meet & greet in a word, it was Great!

The food at Lancers was very good and so was their service. Interesting patrons, but comfortable place and served our needs perfectly with ample parking spaces.

I think we had the right amount of guys for our drive, anything 10 and under seems perfect. The length and durations spent at each location was about right. The day ended for most of us around 1:30PM by the time we got back into the valley to reconvene and stop for refreshments/food.

Up in the canyons the pace set and led by Danny was perfect. Thanks Danny!
Everyone had the opportunity to enjoy their time and cars in the twisties.The weather was perfect up there, where it was sunny and comfortable, not too hot.

Some notable learning moments I took away from yesterday's meet.
- No cops spotted at all the whole time up in the twisties.
- Dave (Orange Crush) got to feel Dave's (Molten) shifter and play with it.
- Alex knows how to replace his spare tire and about the cargo platform's adjustable levels. He's also jonesing for Recaros.
- Dave (MO) learned how to get the rear end up to enable a jack to slide under and clear.
- Denis realized the necessity of a coolant overflow cap and how to bleed the radiator.
- Danny learned all the curves of the rear end of a Vitara, he knows every inch of it now.
- I learned Dave (MO) doesn't like to use his brakes in the twisties and has knarly rear camber.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
To recap yesterday's meet & greet in a word, it was Great!

The food at Lancers was very good and so was their service. Interesting patrons, but comfortable place and served or needs just fine with ample parking spaces.

I think we had the right amount of guys for our drive, anything 10 and under seems perfect. The length and durations spent at each location was about right. The day ended for most of us around 1:30PM by the time we got back into the valley to reconvene and stop for refreshments/food.

Up in the canyons the pace set and led by Danny was perfect. Thanks Danny!
Everyone had the opportunity to enjoy their time and cars in the twisties.The weather was perfect up there, where it was sunny and comfortable, not too hot.

Some notable learning moments I took away from yesterday's meet.
- No cops spotted at all the whole time up in the twisties.
- Dave (Orange Crush) got to feel Dave's (Molten) shifter and play with it.
- Alex knows how to replace his spare tire and about the cargo platform's adjustable levels.
- Dave (MO) learned how to get the rear end up to enable a jack to slide under and clear.
- Denis realized the necessity of a coolant overflow cap and how to bleed the radiator.
- Danny learned all the curves of the rear end of a Vitara, he knows every inch of it now.
- I learned Dave (MO) doesn't like to use his brakes in the twisties and has knarly rear camber.
:ROFLMAO: It was a fantastic drive I also managed to heat blister the outer edge of my fronts. I now officially need stickier tires!

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #236
:ROFLMAO: It was a fantastic drive I also managed to heat blister the outer edge of my fronts. I now officially need stickier tires!
Didn't realize you blistered your tires. Got pics? would like to see how bad.

Thanks @Dpro for showing me the lines, driving tips, and giving encouragement. Thanks @koozy for organizing and keeping this thing going. Thanks @D1JL for being funny and knowing a lot about a lot . Thanks @danny for showing us the insanely high limits of this car with good rubber, suspension and hybrid turbo. Thanks @dmb for the detailer to remove bugs and grime.

I had so much fun I had to go back today, retrace the route and rip through another 5 gallons of e30. Today was all about the driver mod. The better I get the better the car gets. I made it to route 2 then hit some rain and turned around. Had the roads to myself and the Bridgestones were not bothered by damp roads.