Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Good news everybody! We're rich!

Fully agree with you. FiST is the Focus's smaller, angrier brother with more heart. A true driving enthusiast's choice, I've never regretted buying my FiST over ANY other cars I was eyeing (FoST, GTI, WRX, EVO, GT86/BRZ/FRS whatever, etc)

Great gas mileage, great power, amazing driving feel, cheap as sh*t to get into, and it's got 4 functional doors?!?!?
What more could one ask for? I fit my 90lb GSD in the hatch with my 10lb Mini Poodle while my terrier rides in her carrier in the back seat AND I can still fit my wife and 2 car seats.

Sorry, rant over; FiST praises complete [perfect10]
Been doing some sort of "performance driving" for years, and the only car in my driving history I'd pick over my FiST is an AW11 MR2. Or a Lotus Elise, which is basically a more modern AW11 (the AW11 itself being a more modern Fiat X1/9).

The article is pretty much spot on with most other ST/RS owners I know, myself included. The only exceptions are the one either living with their parents, or don't seem to mind credit card debt...

Judging by the Fiesta ST Facebook groups, I was thinking the average age of a Fiesta ST owner was 16, or mentally 16.
YO

YO BRO

SLAM THAT SHIT

350BILLION HP ON FWD WITH NO DIFF

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolo

Bought my Z06 at 27 and traded it in for the FiST at 33. It was purely a need for a family car and since I didn't really want one I picked the cheapest most fun one I could find. It was a great decision as with a tune only the car is good enough for what I need.

^^^OH, BUT IT AIN'T JDM YO BRO!!!!!!! OH NOES!! [histerical]
I'm getting a decal made: "This American automobile was designed in the United Kingdom and built in Mexico to compete against German and Japanese vehicles."

Let's see who it pisses off.

Last edited:
More expensive cars are owned by people with higher income. Mind. Blown. And the idea that someone would settle for the base Fiesta, if they can't afford ST, seems erroneous. At least, in my thinking, I want a certain level of performance and engagement. FiST offers that. Fiesta doesn't. So I do not look at the FiST as a better Fiesta. Or Fiesta as a cheaper FiST. I do no consider Fiesta at all. I look at FiST, FoST, GTI, WRX, etc. Of the bunch I decide to go with the lightest one, not because it's cheaper than FoST. The only Focus I would consider is the RS. And that's where price difference comes into play. $3-4K isn't a huge deal. $20K+, on the other hand, is a massive divide.

Waterfan

Judging by the Fiesta ST Facebook groups, I was thinking the average age of a Fiesta ST owner was 16, or mentally 16.
My mental "driving age" is definitely closer to 16 than my actual age. Conversely, the FiST is also supremely practical and affordable (old people concerns). This car definitely spoke to me on all levels except "status symbol"

Waterfan

I look at FiST, FoST, GTI, WRX, etc. Of the bunch I decide to go with the lightest one, not because it's cheaper than FoST.
This was my exact thought process too. Lightest, most practical, most affordable, most efficient, cheapest to maintain and modify, and, most importantly, the only one I actually fell in love with (WRX was first runner up. GTI is beautiful and capable but utterly boring by comparison and "requires" an extra ~$3k for wheels and suspension to make as fun as the FiST (and my local VW dealer is an absolute nightmare, both sales and service).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This car definitely spoke to me on all levels except "status symbol"
[twothumb] [twothumb]

I am actually HAPPIER than the proverbial 'pig in s**t' that this car is NOT a 'status symbol', since that makes it a very rare ride indeed in an area like mine, where the Merc GLE 400, and P-car Cayenne Turbo are considered low level, plebeians' rides. LOL ;)

Waterfan

[twothumb] [twothumb]

I am actually HAPPIER than the proverbial 'pig in s**t' that this car is NOT a 'status symbol', since that makes it a very rare ride indeed in an area like mine, where the Merc GLE 400, and P-car Cayenne Turbo are considered low level, plebeians' rides. LOL ;)
Me too, but for different reasons. I prefer going unnoticed. This car is "invisible" in a 3-series BMW / Audi A4 / Mercedes C-class way. i.e. no one gives it a second look (at least for white and silver, the G.Envy guys have a different story I'm sure :)).

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Me too, but for different reasons. I prefer going unnoticed. This car is "invisible" in a 3-series BMW / Audi A4 / Mercedes C-class way. i.e. no one gives it a second look (at least for white and silver, the G.Envy guys have a different story I'm sure :)).
I have always love a "Q" ship. Most people have no clue about our cars. I have had many smiles blowing doors off of cars that were actually faster but their reaction was sooo slooow as they overestimated their cars abilities. With the MP-215 and third gear my car pulls like a train, I have seen a Lexus driver beat his steering wheel when I took him by surprise as he tried to block me from merging. Then they have no clue what the hell just embarrassed them from my rebadged rearview other than a funny little white Ford! We are so invisible cops don't look twice. Two weeks ago I was on a road trip in GA and was part of a 4 car convoy at 95 mph. Front was a brand new BMW 750 with temp tags and one beautiful lady driving it with skills, followed by a 2017 Mustang GT, then me with a 2015 Mustang GT in the rear. We took turns rotating to the front. It shocked them to see this small car driven by a bald old man with a pipe in his mouth running with them. The Fords I suspect knew what I was driving....the BMW drivers jaw dropped when I passed her to take my turn at the front. We made good time for about an hour then traffic ruined our drive. Reminded me of the 70's without the CB radio.
[lovest]

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, around here they all seem to believe that they are getting un-beatable top tier performance along with their 'rolling fur coat' status symbol stature (which also around here is the ho-hum common, status quo anyway, so I don't even understand WHY they are compelled to spend the coin they do for NOTHING! [???:)]), but that is NOT always the case.

And yes, they seem to get very pissed off when this little 'shitbox' squirts ahead of their Nippon or Teutonic luxobarge that they think is 'infallible', because of the coin they spent. LOL

I don't even make a fraction of what the articals says[readthis]. I give credit to my mom beating it into my head on having good credit since I was 12 lol