Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Graham Goode Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I stumbled across this intake system and like what I see. The tube is silicone with a nice smooth transition. The actual filter seems to come with a piece that extends the factory air inlet to bathe the filter element in air when driving.

Price isn't the cheapest though...

Any idea if these are sold in the US?

http://shop.grahamgoode.com/air-filters--induction-kits-26256-c.asp

TheStig

Plus it doesnt come with the TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) where others do have the piping all the way to the turbo.

Looks a bit half-assed if I may say so. Anybody could have put that together with just a silicone hose, a hose clamp and a filter. For $199 EURO + VAT and Shipping and all that, doesn't seem cost efficient seeing that Injen, a major intake company that's been around for decades making tuned intake systems with proven power, already has a FULL intake out which replaces most of the intake tubing with it as well for only $250 + Ship. Take a look here:

Injen SP Air Intake for 2014+ Ford Fiesta ST (SP9016)

Hope that helps!

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Hmm. Injen has no shield? Sounds like a good deal if there's a way to block out the hot engine air.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Wait, it looks like the shield blocks the bottom.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Hmm. That's not bad at all. I might have to order one.

They say they claim 6BHP on an intake that costs $310 USD + $70 on shipping, when you can have an Injen intake for $250.80 + $25 shipping with PROVEN power gains. Just look at the dyno I posted up prior to that. The Injen intake makes more power since the dynograph above shows power to the wheels, it's less expensive, it's a full hard pipe, it's not pieced together etc... Just doesn't make sense to me.

By no means take this post as me attacking you by the way, I'm just upset that companies would manufacturer a half assed part, sell it for more, and don't show proof that it even makes power. Just ridiculous to me.

TheStig

They say they claim 6BHP on an intake that costs $310 USD + $70 on shipping, when you can have an Injen intake for $250.80 + $25 shipping with PROVEN power gains. Just look at the dyno I posted up prior to that. The Injen intake makes more power since the dynograph above shows power to the wheels, it's less expensive, it's a full hard pipe, it's not pieced together etc... Just doesn't make sense to me.

By no means take this post as me attacking you by the way, I'm just upset that companies would manufacturer a half assed part, sell it for more, and don't show proof that it even makes power. Just ridiculous to me.
I love you man. And i 100% agree

sure thing buddy. you will say whatever you need, to sell your product. I understand, you are a sales man, which is why I would not take anything you say too seriously.
its already been shown that an intake sucking air from inside the engine bay, will actually lose power once the air in the bay is heats up. actually the stock air box and K&n panel filter, made about the same power as the CAI, accept top end. where the CAI dropped power.

talk about half assed, take a look at your heat shield. there's no way hot air can get to your filter!!!

[full hard pipe] if you have ever read a science book you would realise silicone's heat conductivity is around 0.2 W/mK. As a general fact most plastic is a better option when you actually trying to keep heat out! maybe someone at injen "engineers" should have read a book first before using metal for their intake tube.

Just kidding im sure they know this, they chose to ignore it because its cheaper for them to use a metal drain pipe. but thanks for giving all of us a cheap option.

http://fiestast.net/threads/fiesta-st-intake-2jr-dyno-results.997/

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
That's a nice heat shield for sure. Wonder if that's available separately to use with another tube and filter kit...

That's a nice heat shield for sure. Wonder if that's available separately to use with another tube and filter kit...
check out their website. if you want you can buy the maf tube on its own and build up your own intake, if that's your style. So maybe they will supply the heat shield on its own. I would ask them.
http://www.j1automotive.co.uk/

sure thing buddy. you will say whatever you need, to sell your product. I understand, you are a sales man, which is why I would not take anything you say too seriously.
its already been shown that an intake sucking air from inside the engine bay, will actually lose power once the air in the bay is heats up. actually the stock air box and K&n panel filter, made about the same power as the CAI, accept top end. where the CAI dropped power.

talk about half assed, take a look at your heat shield. there's no way hot air can get to your filter!!!

[full hard pipe] if you have ever read a science book you would realise silicone's heat conductivity is around 0.2 W/mK. As a general fact most plastic is a better option when you actually trying to keep heat out! maybe someone at injen "engineers" should have read a book first before using metal for their intake tube.

Just kidding im sure they know this, they chose to ignore it because its cheaper for them to use a metal drain pipe.

Dyno sheets speak louder than words. If you show proof of the power, sure I'll consider the intake, but even if they made the same power as Injen did, why spend more money for something that doesn't look as good in the engine bay anyway? I don't want to push anyone's buttons but I mean comon now lol. Injen has been making intake systems for 20 years, they obviously have the engineering power to produce a system that makes good horsepower numbers, but they actually show proof. Without proof (aka dyno sheet), then why would I even consider a company who claims less power anyway, who makes a more expensive product?

Like I mentioned, the last thing I want to do is start an argument, I'm just voicing my opinion based on 10 years of modifying experience. Take it or leave it at the end of the day Injen looks better, produces more power, has actual PROOF of the power, is LESS expensive, and easily available in three different finishes. Seems like an easy choice for those who are reading this post if you ask me.

Dyno sheets speak louder than words. If you show proof of the power, sure I'll consider the intake, but even if they made the same power as Injen did, why spend more money for something that doesn't look as good in the engine bay anyway? I don't want to push anyone's buttons but I mean comon now lol. Injen has been making intake systems for 20 years, they obviously have the engineering power to produce a system that makes good horsepower numbers, but they actually show proof. Without proof (aka dyno sheet), then why would I even consider a company who claims less power anyway, who makes a more expensive product?

Like I mentioned, the last thing I want to do is start an argument, I'm just voicing my opinion based on 10 years of modifying experience. Take it or leave it at the end of the day Injen looks better, produces more power, has actual PROOF of the power, is LESS expensive, and easily available in three different finishes. Seems like an easy choice for those who are reading this post if you ask me.
1. I don't need to show you jack sh**. i'm not trying to sell a product like you, the fact that you are trying to sell a product, your proof means nothing.
2. all I'm trying to do is give iso100 options, which you clearly don't like. you sales people are all the same, you would love to keep your clientele ignorant. that on its own shows you should not be trusted.
3. after 3 years experience I learnt that an open cai in the engine bay is bs and you will lose power. but hey, clearly your 10 years has taught you very little.
4. there is no argument here. all you have is a dyno sheet from a manufacturer trying to sell something. that's speaks loud enough.
5. the only proof I would believe is if an independent test was run, comparing injen to a stock airbox with k&n. similar to
5. if others are dumb enough to take what a manufacturer and salesman says as fact, then they deserved to get ripped off.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Someone Paypal me some funds and I will dyno both intakes and post the results haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VirtualRonin Exterior Cosmetic & Lighting Modifications 14