Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Grease wheel bearings, or replace them?

Would you recommend to grease the wheel bearings and rods, or just replace them at a certain interval?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Dude really this vehicle doesn't have wheel bearings you grease. Rods what are you talkin about?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think he is talking about Tie- rods...But I'm sure as with everything now from most OEM Parts Manufacturers are "Greased" for life. Great idea! NOT! As for the wheel bearings they are not greaseable as most are sealed style.

Wheel bearings are a replacement service item that will be needed sooner if you are tracking your car frequently. I have been able to inject grease into the lower ball joints with an injection needle on a grease gun. But, it was a bit of work to get the ball stud popped out of the knuckle assembly so I could slip the needle in next to the stud, inject some grease and then put it back together. My impression is that Ford was rather stingy with the amount of lube they applied at the factory.