Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Guess what I just ordereeeed...

Muuuahahaha!!

http://www.modbargains.com/popup_zoom_img.aspx?pid=cobb-AccessPort-V3-Ford-Fiesta-ST-ng&imgidx=1

http://www.modbargains.com/popup_zoom_img.aspx?pid=Injen-SP-Air-Intake-14-Ford-Fiesta-ST-NG&imgidx=3

So question,

Should I install the intake ride around for a day and then install the Cobb tune,or just throw both on all together and let it rip !?[deviltail]

Can't wait, might take 5 days,I'm in jersey and there in Cali.though the intake might come before the Cobb since they have a warehouse in Texas. He told me the Cobb comes from Cali.

-ry

This put the biggest grin on my face! I just received the Injen intake from them a couple hours ago and placed an order for my AP just a few minutes ago. Great minds think alike! My plan was to install springs, AP, intake, and exhaust at the same time and see just how big a change it all makes buuuuut, now that its here and the weathers nice I may not have the patience to wait haha

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Very nice, don't forget to post your review as well[clap]

Do it all at once since the computer will need some time to adjust to the new mods.

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #5
Very nice, don't forget to post your review as well[clap]

Do it all at once since the computer will need some time to adjust to the new mods.
I Was gonna go all out and grab the MRT Exhaust - I know it's loud,but I think it won't be so bad and only crazy loud when u stomp on it. Plus I miss that srt-4 straight pipe (that's all it is)sound when I had one. Guess I'm still young at heart after all. If no MRT,I would go magnaflow or fswerks. I've had a magnaflow on 3 different cars and really loved them,mellow tone but kinda bassy,and then when you got on it, it was loud enough. I am liking the fswerks price though,and the price of the milltek +dp pkg. Looks good too. [dunno] prob wound up going MRT or magnaflow. Gonna wait another month and order,hopefully by then I'll have my mind made up.

Can't wait until my toys come! Gonna be hard to sleep.[paranoid]

-ry

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #6
This put the biggest grin on my face! I just received the Injen intake from them a couple hours ago and placed an order for my AP just a few minutes ago. Great minds think alike! My plan was to install springs, AP, intake, and exhaust at the same time and see just how big a change it all makes buuuuut, now that its here and the weathers nice I may not have the patience to wait haha
Awesome man,congrats. Yea I like injens products.had them in my GTI's. There quality. Post back and let me/us know how you like it and the more details the better [wink]

-ry

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
NIIICE!

Thanks for going thru ModBargains.

You can honestly do it either way. I have this combination on my Fiesta at the moment (in fact that's my car in the photos)

The Intake will really make the car feel much more aggro. Pop the intake on, install the Cobb AP tune whenever you feel like it.
To get the most out of your tune, I might recommend turning off ESC.
As others have said, with a tune + intake first gear will be useless at wide open throttle, it'll just melt your front tires lol, so use a lighter foot on takeoff and get on it after the car's started moving (usually 2nd and up)

It will make the need for an upgraded rear motor mount more obvious. Unfortunately none are out yet.

Fun fact, you can switch to economy mode when you're not in the mood to hot foot it, or if grip is low that day (rain, ice, snowmelt etc) you can dial it back to keep wheelspin at bay.

related to Exhaust: I've made sure that ModBargains is able to offer pretty much every exhaust on the market except FSwerks, even if it's not yet listed on the site.

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #8
Hey has anyone tried,thought, or know about this Cobb "a-pillar mount with swivel" setup? I know it's $65 for a piece of plastic but it offers a different spot for your accessport which is cool. Maybe I'll grab one depending on if I dislike the setup that everyone else is doing on the side of the screen.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Ford-Focus-ST-Accessport-V3-A-Pillar-Mount-p/for-pc-804621.htm

It says it's for the focus,but I really don't see why it wouldn't fit with ours. It looks like the same accessport to me.[thumb]

-ry

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Ian at Cobb is using their A-pillar mount, though personally I prefer where I have it mounted to the side of the MFT housing's hood piece. It's just personal preference.
and yes it is exactly the same accessport. The same device that'll tune a focus st will autodetect if you're a fiesta st and work just fine. more and more tuner devices are heading this way.

Oh hey! I forgot, email me some photos of your car once you get everything so I can write about you on the ModBargains blog. I am tired of posting my own Fiesta on it lol
n.gregson@modbargains.com like, installed intake, cobb ap, exterior photos? :) It's a perk that I get to write customer car features as part of my job.

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #11
Ian at Cobb is using their A-pillar mount, though personally I prefer where I have it mounted to the side of the MFT housing's hood piece. It's just personal preference.
and yes it is exactly the same accessport. The same device that'll tune a focus st will autodetect if you're a fiesta st and work just fine. more and more tuner devices are heading this way.

Oh hey! I forgot, email me some photos of your car once you get everything so I can write about you on the ModBargains blog. I am tired of posting my own Fiesta on it lol
n.gregson@modbargains.com like, installed intake, cobb ap, exterior photos? :) It's a perk that I get to write customer car features as part of my job.
Hey thanks for all the great info,I'll def email you pics of the intake,Cobb install and I have some exterior shots also. I'm kinda regretting not going with the RED color intake thinking that would look pretty sick against my black car,oh well blacks fine. Quick question for ya,I've seen videos of the Cobb tune on a FOST and being able to do "Flat-Foot Shifting". Can we do that with our FIST? Please say yes, I think this is a great feature to have and plan on using it a lot,is it bad for the car? Is there an on/off button to activate this or once the tune is in it will accept doing it?

Are you guys with the Cobb flat-foot shifting,def would help zipping away from a stop a lot faster I would assume.[driving]

Also please tell me there is launch control on it,I read somewhere only fswerks provides launch control with there Cobb,I hope this is not true.
-ry

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Good for You and as others have said toss it all on at once.. and Enjoy

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
A rear motor mount from Steeda has been available for months in the UK, I've had mine since May/June 2013

http://www.focusrsparts.co.uk/steeda-fiesta-st-engine-torque-mount/prod_1670.html
Hey thanks for all the great info,I'll def email you pics of the intake,Cobb install and I have some exterior shots also. I'm kinda regretting not going with the RED color intake thinking that would look pretty sick against my black car,oh well blacks fine. Quick question for ya,I've seen videos of the Cobb tune on a FOST and being able to do "Flat-Foot Shifting". Can we do that with our FIST? Please say yes, I think this is a great feature to have and plan on using it a lot,is it bad for the car? Is there an on/off button to activate this or once the tune is in it will accept doing it?

Are you guys with the Cobb flat-foot shifting,def would help zipping away from a stop a lot faster I would assume.[driving]

Also please tell me there is launch control on it,I read somewhere only fswerks provides launch control with there Cobb,I hope this is not true.
-ry
flat foot shifting has been heavily discussed on all three fiesta forums; while it is a feature that will be released SOON, it is not yet available.

Also fswerks doesnt have any tunes for fiesta st yet either.