Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H street set up questions

Hey guys I have read the rules for H street for brakes, it says you can change the brake pads but nothing about rotors. Would I be allowed to run the WaveSpec rotors Ron has at whoosh for h street or do I have to stick with factory rotors? I am trying to reduce as much rotating mass as possible.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Hey guys I have read the rules for H street for brakes, it says you can change the brake pads but nothing about rotors. Would I be allowed to run the WaveSpec rotors Ron has at whoosh for h street or do I have to stick with factory rotors? I am trying to reduce as much rotating mass as possible.
Read the threads on this forum - there are trade offs for using smaller/thinner rotors.

OP
CaptinFord
Thread Starter #3
I have skimmed through the forums on an h street set up and didn't see any mention of rotors being allowed to be changed. I don't mind going to a smaller/thinner rotor set up for the car I just need to know if it is allowed in h street class.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
"Except for modifications authorized below, Street Category cars must be run as specified by the manufacturer with only standard equipment as de-fined by these Rules."

Pretty cut and dry.

OP
CaptinFord
Thread Starter #6
Okay then its a no go on the rotors then, thanks for the help guys!

Arguably, if they weighed the same and were something like drilled/slotted you might be able to plead your case as you're not getting a weight advantage, just an advantage similar to brake pad compound improvement.

OP
CaptinFord
Thread Starter #8
Yeah Mountune has some slotted rotors and pad setup I was looking at as well but I wasn't sure if someone would raise a stink about it.