Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Had my FiST three weeks wait to lower it or no??

I went through some cool bind/noise on an Integra many years ago. Wrapping the coils with factory coil insulation helped. In the end it was too much lowering (prob 1.5-2" eibachs). With the Mountunes I am only about an inch down so we will see if they start making racket. Thick lube will help for a bit but will wash off quickly. More aggressive lowering springs seems to suffer from this ... When I have stayed in the 1" range I haven't had problems for years.

OP
M
Thread Starter #22
I went through some cool bind/noise on an Integra many years ago. Wrapping the coils with factory coil insulation helped. In the end it was too much lowering (prob 1.5-2" eibachs). With the Mountunes I am only about an inch down so we will see if they start making racket. Thick lube will help for a bit but will wash off quickly. More aggressive lowering springs seems to suffer from this ... When I have stayed in the 1" range I haven't had problems for years.
Thanks for the advice man. I'll try everything before I take them off completely. If I do I guess the mountunes, Eibachs, and cobbs are pretty much the same springs. Hopefully none other will act like these.

OP
M
Thread Starter #23
2-26-16
Update on the springs

I'm experiencing some pretty bad coil bind. At least I think that's what it is. I've never experienced this before on a lowered car. So at first I thought it might be user error on the install. I checked everything this evening to no avail...

I noticed these springs don't have a rubber coated coil like my Eibachs on others cars have had. I'm thinking that might help with binding.

I read on another thread BlueBomber lubricated the top coils and that fixed his. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. After that Ill try making my own rubber insulator sleeves for a couple of the coils and see if that helps...

If it doesn't these will be coming off. I'm curious what modbargains experienced when they ran these.
2-27-16

Looks like it was "user error". I dug into them again today and noticed one of the coils on both sides was rubbing on the wall of the strut tower. It removed some paint from the tower and powder coating from the springs. The Vogtland springs are wider than the OEM set and space in the strut tower is very limited.

I loosened up everything and grabbed the top of the strut and pulled towards the outside of the vehicle while tightening up the top mount nuts. It looks like the little amount of play in the top mount holes was all I needed.

I have zero issues now after pulling both sides as far out as I could and bolting the top up before tightening up everything below.

Really happy I was able to resolve the situation as I love the drop these offered and the ride is great!