Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Half cage install (Pics)

codestp202

Figured I'd post up a few shots of my new safety setup.

My old setup was a schroth 4 point quickfit. Good enough for autocross and occasional trackday. As I got a lot more serious and a lot faster on the track I wanted a legitimate setup that was still streetable.
I spent around 2k or more on my motorcycle gear, so some money on safety is a good spend. I'm currently using a Snell Motorcycle helmet for the car, but I'm grabbing a racequip helmet and zamp hans device.

I got the cage painted from Pete (tshirt driving) during his car part out. The harness is a 6 point Gforce latch and link. Seat is Corbeau FX1-pro. The seat is not FIA approved, but I don't plan on running in any SCCA or Nasa events in the near future. I'll probably grab a seat back brace as they are only $100 and then I will be able to run this seat for road racing with pretty much any org. 4 point autopower street/race rollbar. The install was very involved but it wasn't too bad. With the mounting plates on the bottom to support the sheet metal, I have faith that this will perform well enough in a roll over. If I crash hard enough to really use the roll bar for more then a harness bar, I think I'll be in a lot more trouble.

The want out of this setup is something I can use for the track, and still have the awesome carrying capacity of the car. I can carry a separate set of wheels/tires, all my tools, gear, food drinks, and 10 gallons of E30.
I had the seat on sliders, but I had to hard mount it to the floor to get the should harness angles within acceptable spec as the FIA suggest +10 degrees to -20 degrees (0 to -10 being the best). It was at around -30 degrees with the seat height I had it at, hard mounting took it to almost level, probably only -10 degrees but I haven't broken out the protractor. Still some small buttoning up to do, but its pretty much squared away.

Pete

Figured I'd post up a few shots of my new safety setup.

My old setup was a schroth 4 point quickfit. Good enough for autocross and occasional trackday. As I got a lot more serious and a lot faster on the track I wanted a legitimate setup that was still streetable.
I spent around 2k or more on my motorcycle gear, so some money on safety is a good spend. I'm currently using a Snell Motorcycle helmet for the car, but I'm grabbing a racequip helmet and zamp hans device.

I got the cage painted from Pete (tshirt driving) during his car part out. The harness is a 6 point Gforce latch and link. Seat is Corbeau FX1-pro. The seat is not FIA approved, but I don't plan on running in any SCCA or Nasa events in the near future. I'll probably grab a seat back brace as they are only $100 and then I will be able to run this seat for road racing with pretty much any org. 4 point autopower street/race rollbar. The install was very involved but it wasn't too bad. With the mounting plates on the bottom to support the sheet metal, I have faith that this will perform well enough in a roll over. If I crash hard enough to really use the roll bar for more then a harness bar, I think I'll be in a lot more trouble.

The want out of this setup is something I can use for the track, and still have the awesome carrying capacity of the car. I can carry a separate set of wheels/tires, all my tools, gear, food drinks, and 10 gallons of E30.
I had the seat on sliders, but I had to hard mount it to the floor to get the should harness angles within acceptable spec as the FIA suggest +10 degrees to -20 degrees (0 to -10 being the best). It was at around -30 degrees with the seat height I had it at, hard mounting took it to almost level, probably only -10 degrees but I haven't broken out the protractor. Still some small buttoning up to do, but its pretty much squared away.

Looks good! Happy to see someone use it like it was meant for.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You did not fit very well into Corbeau's FIA approved Forza Sport, or you got the FX-1 Pro used, for a 'song'?

Looks great. I wish I would have bought it before you :( I'm going to have a local shop make me a harness bar instead. Kinda jealous, that cage woulda looked killer in my car.