Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hard bar shift knob I am looking into, taller, aluminum or delrin...contacted them for ST fitment

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Does it work with the reverse lockout?

Now that I am actually driving the car I am feeling less need for the lockout and might just make a custom boot without it and get a knob ready to use.

That one looks pretty dang good, I have to review my notes to ensure it is the right diameter and pitch to mount to the stock rod.
I'll let you know next week for sure, I purchased it this morning. It is listed as fitting a Focus ST which is the same thread size/pitch as the Fiesta ST.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I'll let you know next week for sure, I purchased it this morning. It is listed as fitting a Focus ST which is the same thread size/pitch as the Fiesta ST.
The Focus ST has a different depth on the collar for the REV lock out it will work but may or may not look 100% finished as I found out working with Steeda on the FoST to FiST shifter knob. Yes it fit and looked ok and worked but there was a gap where the knob ended and the Rev lockout collar started this was with the threads on the knob bottomed out.. Glad you are taking the step though options are always good and perhaps you can provide feedback if it is not 100% and get the correct fit as I did :) Thanks

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
The Focus ST has a different depth on the collar for the REV lock out it will work but may or may not look 100% finished as I found out working with Steeda on the FoST to FiST shifter knob. Yes it fit and looked ok and worked but there was a gap where the knob ended and the Rev lockout collar started this was with the threads on the knob bottomed out.. Glad you are taking the step though options are always good and perhaps you can provide feedback if it is not 100% and get the correct fit as I did :) Thanks
I was told that the thread depth was 30mm so, in theory, it should work. It depends on the diameter of the little end. If I have to, I'll put it on a lathe and trim it, as required. I'll let you guys know what I come up with. This is my 3rd shift knob, I guess I'm starting a collection.

Cobb, too light, Breedt, too big and hot, torque solutions, hopefully, just right.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
The Torque Solutions shift knob did not fit the reverse lockout properly, so back it goes. I've decided to take my Cobb Knob and machine out the delrin, and replace it with a longer delrin knob. I haven't decided if I want a metal core, or not, most likely, I will have one inserted into the delrin to make it weigh more. I'm going to approach one of our small machine shops I work with to get a one-off price. Here is a prelim sketch. Delrin is about $20.00 per foot. I need to get an x-ray of the Cobb Knob so I can see what the interior looks like.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
You are very serious about your shift knob, cool:)

Perhaps you can get a few made to help others out?

Did you take a look at the stock knob base?

It might work better or just work then you can sell your complete Cobb Knob.

I am not going to spend to much money on a knob as I still might end up with an EFR turbo and will get some sort of HID lights, good ones. I have modded the whole car so much more than I budgeted and still have other things to do on it as well as finish up my truck and trailer.....being retired I have had a bit less funding than in the past.

Rick

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
The stock knob base is more square than round. If I made more than one shift knob, I would create a new base. I haven't thought about making more than one. We'll see how much the shift knob mod costs me.