Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hard to start when engine is warm

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Last time I checked this America Jack...I am entitled to my opinion as are you. This is a clear statement that Brisk are not of poor quality at all. They ran stock block and trans also. This shows that our stout little FiSTs can handle quite a bit AND IF YOU CANT STAND FACTS I am sorry that you cant comprehend any of this and may have an extra Chromosome in your genealogy. In the end you should just shut your pie hole before someone or even you..... yourself puts a foot in it. Quit muddling up his thread also with your Smegma.

lol touched a nerve, wow!!!!Plus you resorted to personal insults hmmm usually one does that they have lost an argument and throw a tantrum, Need I say more? lol you really can’t take a joke and your the one thats tries to usually dish them.

I said nothing about how stout our cars our , All I stated was that if someone races their car and pushes it to the limits it means they are willing to run stuff risky and if it blows they just rebuild . You really should go back and reread what I wrote as you are trying to put words in my mouth I never said. lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
lol touched a nerve, wow!!!!Plus you resorted to personal insults hmmm usually one does that they have lost an argument and throw a tantrum, Need I say more? lol you really can’t take a joke and your the one thats tries to usually dish them.

I said nothing about how stout our cars our , All I stated was that if someone races their car and pushes it to the limits it means they are willing to run stuff risky and if it blows they just rebuild . You really should go back and reread what I wrote as you are trying to put words in my mouth I never said. lol
Na... I came the realization a long time ago with you... you are very similar to me that is why I push you and your buttons Dpro.. its ok I still love you dawg!

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
BTW:
In response to this thread, hard starting is normal when colder range plugs are used.
This has happened both ways for me, sometimes hard start when cold, sometimes when hot.
I have had this issue with many cars and bikes I built.
The bike I showed on my build page, in fact would not start at all with the colder plugs I wanted to use.
I needed to start it with normal range plugs then after it was warmed up I changed the plugs.
As you may have seen however, this was not a street bike, it also had no starter.

The fix was much easier in days gone by as you could adjust the timing.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Stock plugs are the best.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Stock plugs are the best.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I agree with this statement in 90% of situations. I have tried every plug available to us and ngks are my favorite but unless your planning to run 300 hp at least, 1 step cold plugs are not necessary. 1 step colder per 100hp over stock, you'll never go wrong.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is a Gentleman who runs a very High Hp Fiesta ST i think its 600whp. He is on facebook I think. Good guys racing..he Runs Brisks. FYI.

Here is his Vid

View: https://youtu.be/UZzbarVkh1I

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

FWIW this car is entirely parted out, returned to stock, and sold btw. He no longer is building Fiestas either.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
FWIW this car is entirely parted out, returned to stock, and sold btw. He no longer is building Fiestas either.
All of that effort just to break 11.00 makes me fully realize that these are NOT drag race cars at all. [:(] (Yeah, that is STILL a lot of mods necessary, even with factory long block and transaxle.)

BLESS those who keep trying to make these cars do what they were NOT meant to do though, all the more power to them, and I wish them luck in their endeavors, but my car will NEVER see a staging lane as long as I own it. [nono]

Se7eN

So here's a curious problem I've had for a while but this only happens with one step colder plugs. I've used NGK and currently have the Brisk plugs installed.

Cold start is normal regardless of the plugs but if I drive around for a bit, get some heat into the engine and leave it sitting for less than maybe 45 minutes to an hour it stumbles on ignition and sometimes, like yesterday, can take three or more tries to start.
Oh and there's no aroma of fuel or anything like that, in case that question comes up.
Is it throwing any codes at all?

One Step Colder plugs tend to make startup take maybe a second more when hot but nothing that serious. Now I have seen guys that have the stumbling issue after fill up and it's the Evap system.

OP
Business6

Business6

Thread Starter #31
Is it throwing any codes at all?

One Step Colder plugs tend to make startup take maybe a second more when hot but nothing that serious. Now I have seen guys that have the stumbling issue after fill up and it's the Evap system.
I've had the evap stumble a few times after filling up but it's quite uncommon for me.

And no, no codes at all. Ordered a fresh set of motorcraft plugs but I'll be taking data on frp actual and desired and see if it shows an issue when it becomes hard to start

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The original spark plug is a NGK spark plug but for some reason it's cheaper to buy it as a motorcraft spark plug at least on RockAuto by about $2.

Both spark plugs in the picture are the exact same one they are just labeled differently.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Business6

Business6

Thread Starter #34
Replaced the plugs with motorcraft, here's the brisk after less than four months and maybe 2000-2500 miles. Left is driver side working to the right towards passenger side.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Why does the strap look weird near the electrode. Like it got almost melted

jayrod1980

I believe that the ground straps are purposely 'cut back' that way, by design, on the Brisks. [dunno]
The electrode that’s usually almost a pin point on other plugs is a fat cylinder in Brisk plugs. They do look like the Flinstones made them, but my tuner sells them and recommends colder plugs on even tuned stock turbos.