Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Having a hard time finding awesome aftermarket wheels...

Having a hard time finding awesome aftermarket wheels, anyone know some great websites that I might be overlooking? Thanks.

C. love

there are tons of wheels out there. many of my favs are $$$$ though. Your post is open. what are you looking for? price, performance, style, offset, width are all needed. In addition how far are you willing to go to get the look you want? you a stance/stretch guy. or a fit the widest damn thing you can guy, or maybe a set it and forget it type guy

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
How do I know that the quality of wheels I'm purchasing are atleast equal to that of the ones found stock on my ST? My price range is anywhere from the 500 to 700 for a set.

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
I'm really digging Platinum Wheels and they have a great price at the tire rack

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
What are you looking for in your next set of wheels, and what style of wheels do you like, and what is your budget?

OP
K
Thread Starter #8
What are you looking for in your next set of wheels, and what style of wheels do you like, and what is your budget?
I'm looking for wheels in the 17 to 18 inch size. I really like wheels with a lip on them. My budget is pretty wide, everything from cheap to about 1500 max. I just want to make sure the wheels are high quality and not a downgrade from the stock wheels. I feel like all the wheels at tire rack are pretty cheap.

Young L

I mean you and everyone else that owns a fiesta or focus. 4/5x108 lug pattern isnt very common, but since the 2 cars have become quite popular over the last 2 years more companies will make wheels more available

C. love

most wheels that are cheap are just that. They arent bad but dont have the safety standards others do. Wheels like HRE, ENKEI,VOLK, and WORK have governmental standards they have to meet to even be sold in certain countries. The US does not have wheel manufacture standards. Places like Germany and Japan do. Thus most wheels that are sold there or manufactured there meet certain standards. Two entities that test these standrads are TUV amd JAWA. Many of the wheels from these countries sport one or both of these stamps on their wheels. Those wheel brands are also forged and generally lighter and stronger than any OEM wheel and arent cheap. Here in the US of A we have tons of wheels available and some are garbage some are not.

If you want high quality and better than OEM better research the company and find out the method of their wheel are manufactured by and the standrads they meet.

A good bet is a Japanese or German wheel will be a good wheel. Although this doesnt always hold true (HRE for example is American but sells to high end car consumers).

Having said all that Ive run expensive wheels (volk, enkei, and work) but ive also run cheap wheels. I think wheels like ROTA, VARRSTOEN, and many other known brands arent bad but I wouldnt say they are better than Oem quality wise.

Another few brands i would look into is sparco, forgestar and team dynamics.

Other than that i dont know what to tell yah

OP
K
Thread Starter #11
most wheels that are cheap are just that. They arent bad but dont have the safety standards others do. Wheels like HRE, ENKEI,VOLK, and WORK have governmental standards they have to meet to even be sold in certain countries. The US does not have wheel manufacture standards. Places like Germany and Japan do. Thus most wheels that are sold there or manufactured there meet certain standards. Two entities that test these standrads are TUV amd JAWA. Many of the wheels from these countries sport one or both of these stamps on their wheels. Those wheel brands are also forged and generally lighter and stronger than any OEM wheel and arent cheap. Here in the US of A we have tons of wheels available and some are garbage some are not.

If you want high quality and better than OEM better research the company and find out the method of their wheel are manufactured by and the standrads they meet.

A good bet is a Japanese or German wheel will be a good wheel. Although this doesnt always hold true (HRE for example is American but sells to high end car consumers).

Having said all that Ive run expensive wheels (volk, enkei, and work) but ive also run cheap wheels. I think wheels like ROTA, VARRSTOEN, and many other known brands arent bad but I wouldnt say they are better than Oem quality wise.

Another few brands i would look into is sparco, forgestar and team dynamics.

Other than that i dont know what to tell yah
Would you consider our fiestas stock wheels cheap? Estimate how much they would be to purchase per wheel so I can compare them.

C. love

its not as cut and dry as that man. just cause a wheel is major coin doesnt mean its better. An OEM can have a less spendy wheel than an aftermarket because they are making 1000's vs 100's of an aftermarket. Again look at the manufactures saftey standards and what requirements they have met

What's your guys opinion? In 17' i love the looks but worried about quality. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...lse&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of big shiny wheels on a sub-compact. Reminds me of high-school bros with a non-Si Honda civic with way too many aesthetic upgrades (fart can, warm air intake,cut springs, sweet shift knob, maybe a faux racing harness?)... And I would definitely not want to spend money on wheels that are heavier than stock. Candidly, I think there are much better options. But to each their own...

Have you looked at any of the Sparcos, Motegis or Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2? All are high quality, lower weight and are popular within the community.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
If you where to purchase OEM ST wheels from the dealer for MSRP they would be $590.68 each.

C. love

I personally hate multiple thin spoke wheels. I like a thick 5 or 7 spoke. I like dish but it has to be like 6-8 inches of dish lol.

For the most part I agree with timbo

I personally hate multiple thin spoke wheels. I like a thick 5 or 7 spoke. I like dish but it has to be like 6-8 inches of dish lol.

For the most part I agree with timbo
Plus cleaning tiny spokes is a pain. But I've seen some good examples of FiSTs on dishes. They can look pretty good in 16s with some chunky tires and you're 0.5-1 inch lower than stock. Again, if you're not looking for a performance gain, wheels are really subjective.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you put on a wheel and tire combo that is the same weight but of good quality then you are keeping your car the same in many respects.

If you put on a set of heavier wheels and tires you are downgrading your performance thus down grading the car no matter the cost.

If you put on a good set of wheels and tires that are lighter that stock you are upgrading the performance and at least keeping the quality the same or better.

There are many more variables to all this to consider but those are basic realities no matter what anybody has for an opinion as based on logic, reason and when you get down to the details, physics.

-------------------

Did you buy the car to show it off, enjoy the great things about it as is, enhance the performance...a bit of each one, all three?

You can do all the above if you take your time and the best thing you can do is post questions and learn from the answers so you are on the right track already:)