Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Having issues with fitment

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
So the rt660s are wider than the 615ks, not too surprised but running on Megan racing coils and lowered to the bottom I'm having issues bottoming out with 2 passengers in the car. I have camber plates, I cannot remember how to set ride height and was wondering if anyone has a walkthrough of what to touch and turn, can't remember if I have to remove them to change the height. Also, due to me having to need so many alignments my tie rods and sway bar links align key bolts are stripped out. Is there any benefit to buying adjustable replacements that I would notice on the street? If not I'll just run OEM ones but can't find the part numbers from ford. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Normally I would research this stuff and I could find it myself but lately I've been really crammed at work and would appreciate some help from someone with this. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

I don't have a whole bunch of experience tuning coilovers, and I don't have the Megan's, but don't you just loosen the lower lock ring and thread the shock body in or out?

Since the rear is a divorced setup, you'll need to adjust your spring perch first, and then adjust the rear shocks to length.
Replace your tie rods and sway bar endlinks if they are stripped. You should be able to see the part numbers if you do a search on Tasca or any other parts store.

You'll probably want to get some sort of adjustable endlinks to deal with the changed static geometry if you are close to the limits of adjustment.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I don't have a whole bunch of experience tuning coilovers, and I don't have the Megan's, but don't you just loosen the lower lock ring and thread the shock body in or out?

Since the rear is a divorced setup, you'll need to adjust your spring perch first, and then adjust the rear shocks to length.
Replace your tie rods and sway bar endlinks if they are stripped. You should be able to see the part numbers if you do a search on Tasca or any other parts store.

You'll probably want to get some sort of adjustable endlinks to deal with the changed static geometry if you are close to the limits of adjustment.
I don't think I'm pushing the limit on adjust the front links so I decided to stick with stock. I assume the aftermarket ones are for if you still can't correct the alignment due to changing other things? Tasca is definitely my go to for parts as they are cheaper than ford but still offer the part numbers and verify it. So I guess I'll need to get in there and figure out how to raise the car. I'm sure the coils I have are adjustable but when I had them installed I think the guys assumed I just wanted to slam it. Again, wasn't an issue with 205s definitely is an issue with 15mm spacers and 215s haha

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

The adjustable endlinks are there so that you can adjust the preload. Since the geometry has changed, your endlinks are likely near the limits of their available movement. This could cause premature failure during cornering.

Ford Community Posts