Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headlight Corner Tint

OP
B
Thread Starter #21
Yes, I used the same soapy water that I used to wash the car, I put it on the headlight and both sides of the vinyl, it definitely floated around pretty easily at first. I tried to dry it and get it to stick with the heat gun along the lower edge first and then work upwards from there.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Make sure the water is 100% pure, don't use the same bucket you use anything else for. If there's any grit in the water it will show through the vinyl.

Finally installed my corner tints. Thanks Jeff!!! An FYI that I found pleasantly surprising: In digital photos the corner tints look like a black-out, but on the car in person they look like a dark factory smoke, definitely not black out. I was really really happy with the look after installing. Looks nearly OEM. Plenty of corner bulb illumination visible as well. Definitely recommended. For me it was a great change because the amber reflector really conflicts with the molten orange.

I think it looks better without it

Looks good on black, I went the other way though. I put amber tint over my LED fog lights and my side marker signals on my mirrors. I can't stand clear lenses. The taillights are getting the full red-out treatment next.