Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Long Island!

So I had a BRZ, and it worked well with one kid.

But now I got a second kid on the way. And I carry a lot more tools for work than I used to. And a lot of my work is in Manhattan. And I used to be an avid autocrosser/track day dude.

So I needed a car that was fun (i.e., lightweight and thrash-able), with room for 4 non-clown humans, small enough to parallel park in godforsaken New York City, but big enough for my tools (including a 20 foot tele steps ladder).

And the answer was a FiST. Because you know what they say, if the FiST fits...

Anyways, I picked up a Magnetic Grey with the Recaro package from the dealer about 3 weeks ago, and oh boy it's a blast. Even took it on a work trip to central PA without killing my back. The steering response reminds me of my old AW11 MR2's, but with a lot less effort. Just gotta get used to the understeer a little, but I can fix that with a little change in driving style.

Planned mods? Not much. The car is competitive in solo Street category, and I'd like to comply with that rule set. So I'll probably get myself a Mountune exhaust for the nice sound (already got their drop-in filter), and once I get a feel of the car, tune myself a set of shocks for it. Maybe a sway bar too, but I won't know until I get a few events under my belt.

Its running on snow tires and steelies for now, I'll burn through the summer tires that came with the car this year, then upgrade to something stickier next year. The exhaust hangers seem a little flimsy so maybe change those out with something stiffer soon.

What would you guys recommend to increase the longevity of the car? I plan on keeping it as long as I can.

Also, a few obligatory pictures:

IMG_3569.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg