Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help me solve my rev hang/jump *Reward offered*

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
So you didn't ease up pressure and watch/Listen for smoke in leak points/ couplers?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what the question is. I started with no/low pressure and then brought the pressure up. I did not see or hear any leaks.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I have a tune for the stock MAP so going to try that. If that doesn't work I'm going to go back to oem injectors and hpfp. Ordered a new fuel line to go with the stock hpfp so I don't have to bend it back and forth. Also will do the cam bucket while I'm in there. If the stock fueling doesn't work than the only change is trans/gears/clutch and if that's the case then....well....I might push my car off a cliff.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there Air in the Slave Cyl? Didn't you get a RTS twin friction clutch like me? I think the clutch is staying engaged and not fully disengaging. Mine will do something very similar around 1500 rpm when coming to a stop and then drop. It doesn't bother me at all I just think its a part of going to a SMF with this particular setup. Did you do the 1k break in? Give it time to break in if you haven't already hit the magic mark for break in.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Is there Air in the Slave Cyl? Didn't you get a RTS twin friction clutch like me? I think the clutch is staying engaged and not fully disengaging. Mine will do something very similar around 1500 rpm when coming to a stop and then drop. It doesn't bother me at all I just think its a part of going to a SMF with this particular setup. Did you do the 1k break in? Give it time to break in if you haven't already hit the magic mark for break in.
I doubt there is air in the slave but maybe I can rebleed it. When I clutch in, the car is definitely not in gear. I've got about 500 miles on it but it's been happening since the beginning. I'm hesitant to drive it a ton in case I'm doing some sort of damage.

I bought a rebuild kit for stock injectors, I'll be swapping those back in with the stock hpfp. Really wish I hadn't sold my stock flywheel.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Bled the clutch again, that didn't change anything. Going to swap back to stock fueling. RTS is not getting back to me on FB or email. Very annoying. Would not buy their product again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bled the clutch again, that didn't change anything. Going to swap back to stock fueling. RTS is not getting back to me on FB or email. Very annoying. Would not buy their product again.
I contribute my "Rev hang" to being the same weight flywheel and switching to SMF. Clutch does take a beating though....will give it that*

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
I contribute my "Rev hang" to being the same weight flywheel and switching to SMF. Clutch does take a beating though....will give it that*

This is not normal at all. If fueling doesn't fix it I'm going with a different brand.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
You didn't break it in yet though*

I've driven 500+ miles and it's driven like crap since mile 1. I'm not sure how that's magically going to go away. On throttle, off throttle, cruising, doesn't matter - I clutch in and it revs up aggressively (not hangs) almost every time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've driven 500+ miles and it's driven like crap since mile 1. I'm not sure how that's magically going to go away. On throttle, off throttle, cruising, doesn't matter - I clutch in and it revs up aggressively (not hangs) almost every time.
I'd be asking the installer * how he aligned the clutch plate. I've down shifted mine nicely and "Tried" to keep it in the mid rev range for 1500k and then I unleashed its fury. 500 miles isn't enough break in. I gave it extra 500 miles. I know how easy it is to change the clutch put that if it wanna roll another brand I will.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
I'd be asking the installer * how he aligned the clutch plate. I've down shifted mine nicely and "Tried" to keep it in the mid rev range for 1500k and then I unleashed its fury. 500 miles isn't enough break in. I gave it extra 500 miles. I know how easy it is to change the clutch put that if it wanna roll another brand I will.

The thing is the example I posted via YouTube shouldn't be happening ever regardless of break in. The behavior the car is exhibiting is very strange. I'm getting a tune from someone else as a sort of "second opinion" before I swap out the fuel.

XanRules

is it cutting fuel? I am not an expert but that looks like the clutch slipping to me. Why are you looking to the tune/fuel as the source of the problem?

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
is it cutting fuel? I am not an expert but that looks like the clutch slipping to me. Why are you looking to the tune/fuel as the source of the problem?
I don't believe it's cutting fuel. I'm slowly swapping back the parts that were changed. Fuel mod swap out is FREE, other mods (clutch trans etc) are going to be pricey/time consuming.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't believe it's cutting fuel. I'm slowly swapping back the parts that were changed. Fuel mod swap out is FREE, other mods (clutch trans etc) are going to be pricey/time consuming.
Just quit.....and enjoy the powerr it will handle*

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Just quit.....and enjoy the powerr it will handle*

I appreciate your enthusiasm but the car isn't driving how it should. I have debated just ignoring it but it's way too significant to ignore and it could be causing other issues.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I appreciate your enthusiasm but the car isn't driving how it should. I have debated just ignoring it but it's way too significant to ignore and it could be causing other issues.
Do you have a tuner who could look at a datalog? You've probably already thought of that if you do . . .