Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

High Mileage Winner - 175,000 (updated)

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #21
Did you market and sell those clutches privately, or did you have a company?

IF I were able to keep my LS1 Z28, it eventually would have had the Tony Mamo modified RPS setup in it.
I wish that someone would make up an aftermarket clutch like that one for our rides, instead of having to rely on Spec, which I refuse to install in this car (would rather use Ford Motorcraft factory kit ;) ).
I had my own company and we sold private label as well. Holden racing in Australia was using our stuff exclusively and exceeds Australia was private labeling our stuff. I sold the company back in 2008.

The clutch industry is funny business. It's not like science and technology it's more like voodoo. Trying to find that right combination of smooth engage, with low pedal pressure and ability to hold high horsepower. Making a clutch for our car would be really easy. Because were not talking about a lot of power. If there were enough interest I might be willing to put something together for us that could be good up to 700hp with a really nice pedal pressure.

The factory clutch in our car is just dumb. Even that I am not making any real power yet and just from normal wear and tear I would have expected this clutch to give out by now. I still think I'm driving a ford prototype vehicle.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Screw the belt. As much as a timing belt job is you could replace the motor for less. Find a escape or Fusion donor.

me32

1000 Post Club
Screw the belt. As much as a timing belt job is you could replace the motor for less. Find a escape or Fusion donor.
Off hand do you happen to know what the cost is to replace a timing belt in this car? Parts and labor

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #26
Bump for updates? How's the high mileage FiST handling the MRX turbo from Mountune?

Well I’m in Missouri for the moment, dropped another 1800 miles on the old girl last week now at 181,000. This car is flat out dumb. Now even more so with this turbo on the car.

Factory clutch
Factory serp belt
Factory installed timing chain
Factory coolant hoses
Factory syncros
Factory transmission
Only 2nd of rear brakes ever installed on vehicle thanks to massive wilwood brakes up front :)

The mrx is a great turbo. It’s easy for me to say that because I haven’t owned another one other than the factory one so their may be a better one out there but as far as I’m concerned the mrx is really nice. I got my quick disconnect hoses installed on the turbo instead of those dumb aluminum lines.

I am
Replacing the exhaust again. I have a cp-e on the car now and I am going to get me the stock exhaust from the resonator to the muffler and have a shop here modify a piece to get me from my catless 3” dp to the stock pipe. I just don’t like the noise. The cp-e exhaust is nice and big but just the open exhaust is too loud for me. I know I’m whimsy but I just don’t like the sound of the 4 cylinder like I used to like the v-8 at the tail pipe and I’m
Not a fan of the highway drone. This exhaust is perfect for those who race their car and I will see if I can get it listed in the forsale forum for anyone who is interested. I know a lot of you have many other exhaust options that you like, because of the audio system I really want something more quiet.

Joking aside this can’t be a ford product. The last car before it was totaled was a 2012 focus that ford had to replace the transmission 4 times before the car hit 90,000 , the catalytic converter before it his 80,000, the a/c system had a funny smell to it, side mirror motor broke, the. At 125,000 it was total by a tard that counldnt see despite his face.

Well I’m in Missouri for the moment, dropped another 1800 miles on the old girl last week now at 181,000. This car is flat out dumb. Now even more so with this turbo on the car.

Factory clutch
Factory serp belt
Factory coolant hoses
Factory syncros
Factory transmission
Only 2nd of rear brakes ever installed on vehicle thanks to massive wilwood brakes up front :)

The mrx is a great turbo. It’s easy for me to say that because I haven’t owned another one other than the factory one so their may be a better one out there but as far as I’m concerned the mrx is really nice. I got my quick disconnect hoses installed on the turbo instead of those dumb aluminum lines.

I am
Replacing the exhaust again. I have a cp-e on the car now and I am going to get me the stock exhaust from the resonator to the muffler and have a shop here modify a piece to get me from my catless 3” dp to the stock pipe. I just don’t like the noise. The cp-e exhaust is nice and big but just the open exhaust is too loud for me. I know I’m whimsy but I just don’t like the sound of the 4 cylinder like I used to like the v-8 at the tail pipe and I’m
Not a fan of the highway drone. This exhaust is perfect for those who race their car and I will see if I can get it listed in the forsale forum for anyone who is interested. I know a lot of you have many other exhaust options that you like, because of the audio system I really want something more quiet.

Joking aside this can’t be a ford product. The last car before it was totaled was a 2012 focus that ford had to replace the transmission 4 times before the car hit 90,000 , the catalytic converter before it his 80,000, the a/c system had a funny smell to it, side mirror motor broke, the. At 125,000 it was total by a tard that counldnt see despite his face.
Where did you get all the lines for the coolant? I'm going to have to take everything apart for that new wastegate and may as well do what you did cause those aluminum lines are a pain

Roadtrip to Canada? I'll trade you my fswerks exhaust haha.

Factory clutch
Factory serp belt
Factory coolant hoses
Factory syncros
Factory transmission

I am

I thought the 1.6 runs a timing belt, not a chain. Owner's manual makes mention of a 100k service interval....

#fiestamasterrace

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Digging this back up to see where Antarctica24 is at with mileage and if he has done anything else with the FiST. From what I have observed this is a Unicorn vehicle...A god dam miracle on 4 wheels its lasted as long as it has without hardly any major hiccups. [wrenchin]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I'm right about at 100k. Wonder how much that job is?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's very nice to know the car will last this long. I was thinking 100K and it's done being a turbo. But mine has been so good for 10K- better than other cars I have had including my 2017 Camaro and 2018 Mustang GT. So maybe it is possible for it to go that long. That's very inexpensive transportation cost for 175K since the car costs so little to begin with- unlike a 50K+ truck, which often last at least that.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Turbos have been used for decades on various vehicles. Every semi you see has one, and they can go 1,000,000 miles before needing a rebuild.

Unless you get a defective one, it should last as long as the rest of the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's very nice to know the car will last this long. I was thinking 100K and it's done being a turbo. But mine has been so good for 10K- better than other cars I have had including my 2017 Camaro and 2018 Mustang GT. So maybe it is possible for it to go that long. That's very inexpensive transportation cost for 175K since the car costs so little to begin with- unlike a 50K+ truck, which often last at least that.
I had a 2000 4th gen LS1 Z28 which made it to ~235K miles before it dropped a lifter (which would have meant a full engine rebuild, due to the needle bearings, and bits from the lifter in the oil passages [:(]), so I got this little rally rocket instead of throwing $10K+ at a 16 year old car.

I would expect this thing to last at least as long, despite mods, and despite the snail. ;)