Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

*HMM ....Fiesta Not dead afterall.....still a very good possibility it will live on here in America in 2019*

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I just posted that same article about 30 minutes ago in this section but it appears to have been spam filtered for whatever reason.

I was reading it also....thought it was a decent sliver of light for the FiST!

me32

1000 Post Club
It would be good news to hear. Gas is almost $4.00 in ca. I can see that the growth for cars with good MPG will be on the rise again. Not everyone wants a hybrid.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I just posted that same article about 30 minutes ago in this section but it appears to have been spam filtered for whatever reason.
If you put a ' in the thread title the post is almost impossible to access. In your case you used "Fiesta’s". If you crop the post link to just the basics it loads fine.

www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/17093

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
It would be good news to hear. Gas is almost $4.00 in ca. I can see that the growth for cars with good MPG will be on the rise again. Not everyone wants a hybrid.
What a lot of people fail to realize is the amount of man power....Time and energy goes into smelting the cadmium and transporting it to be made and used. Every time I see a Toyota prius and just think all the pollution that was generated in making the batteries. Do you think the batteries are made here in the USA ...nope most of the time they are made over seas. Then it must be transported back to the assembly line to be installed. You can just crush a hybrid car either.[screwy]

I will still take this with a grain of salt. As much as I want to see production continue, none of the dealerships in the valley here are getting anymore in as per them. A buddy of mine had to drive to Oregon a week ago to get one with the Recaro package due to the lack of inventory here in town, and the lack of dealership future inventory. The most irritating part about his experience for me, was he was in the market only for the fiesta, and the dealers kept trying to steer him into the Focus ST instead. And you wonder why the sales look so lopsided.......

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I am not totally convinced about this either. Ford could extend Fiesta production for another year, assuming the plant isn't needed for something else. Everybody that I have talked to indicates the Fiesta will retire after this year. Dealers and journalists all point to that happening. Of course, official word has to come from Ford. Overall, Ford has been very weird about what they are keeping and going to retire. They tell suppliers to quick working on the Fusion refresh and then come out with a Fusion refresh, but move the Mustang into NASCAR instead of the Fusion. Hackett is going on and on about mobility and electrics, but all the latest spy photos of new products are all gas powered (unless the exhaust pipes are fake and they are using speakers to make car sounds, which is nuts). At their press events, the only car that is shown is the Mustang. Everything else is truck and SUV. The Fiesta doesn't fit the limited production, high margin, niche coupes and sedans that Ford says they will focus on. The ST does, but that assumes there is actually any margin in the ST. Many performance cars never pay for all the developmental costs. Of course, Ford spends years developing a car that is only sold for a few years, so making back the money is tough. At least with the ST, they have kept it alive enough and ran through enough cost reductions to make it effective.

If there will be a 2019 Fiesta, the ordering guides would be coming out early this summer. 2018 order cut-off is in another few weeks. If there is a 2019 Fiesta, I would expect less options, less colors, and very few changes from 2018. It basically becomes a fleet car for rental companies and a few options for consumers. I would still rather have that than let the car die.

Lol. Lets see... 20K for a fiesta or 30K for a boring hybrid... Lol

I love the messed up hp figures, lol.
The 1.0l with 197hp.

If there will be a 2019 Fiesta, the ordering guides would be coming out early this summer. 2018 order cut-off is in another few weeks. If there is a 2019 Fiesta, I would expect less options, less colors, and very few changes from 2018. It basically becomes a fleet car for rental companies and a few options for consumers. I would still rather have that than let the car die.
Agreed. I feel like as long as the car doesnt become obsolete tech wise then keep it basic. It pains me to even think about suggesting this, but I bet they would sell a whole lot more if it ran a flappy paddle gear box as an option rather than only manual tranny. I love manual, even if its not the fastest these days, but no one really learns how to drive a manual these days. I do wonder how much the transmission actually prevents sales with not having the option for something else. This could actually be feasible since they are getting ready to make SUV ST's....... The other thing is the price point. Ford could figure out a way to reduce the base price further whether that mean less color options or whatever else and get the base further away than the Focus, it could help. I could have bought a Focus for 2200 more than I got my Fiesta for. Grand scheme of things thats not a lot. Considering most of your average joes will just look at the power output, I can see why the Focus market is so much larger.

Just a few things here and there could potentially save the car. At least from an outside perspective.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Agreed. I feel like as long as the car doesnt become obsolete tech wise then keep it basic. It pains me to even think about suggesting this, but I bet they would sell a whole lot more if it ran a flappy paddle gear box as an option rather than only manual tranny. I love manual, even if its not the fastest these days, but no one really learns how to drive a manual these days. I do wonder how much the transmission actually prevents sales with not having the option for something else. This could actually be feasible since they are getting ready to make SUV ST's....... The other thing is the price point. Ford could figure out a way to reduce the base price further whether that mean less color options or whatever else and get the base further away than the Focus, it could help. I could have bought a Focus for 2200 more than I got my Fiesta for. Grand scheme of things thats not a lot. Considering most of your average joes will just look at the power output, I can see why the Focus market is so much larger.

Just a few things here and there could potentially save the car. At least from an outside perspective.
The only thing that kept my wife from buying a Mazdaspeed3, instead of her Mazda 3 2.5 hatchback was a manual. I'm trying to teach her in the St now. She wants to learn, I don't know if she'll ever be great at it she doesn't connect with a machine like me. Neither one of us are quitters, so I'm going to keep trying to teach her and she's going to keep trying to learn.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The only thing that kept my wife from buying a Mazdaspeed3, instead of her Mazda 3 2.5 hatchback was a manual. I'm trying to teach her in the St now. She wants to learn, I don't know if she'll ever be great at it she doesn't connect with a machine like me. Neither one of us are quitters, so I'm going to keep trying to teach her and she's going to keep trying to learn.

Learning how to drive stick is not hard anyone can with practice. Practice is all she needs amd if she is not a quitter like you say then it shoudl be fine.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Learning how to drive stick is not hard anyone can with practice. Practice is all she needs amd if she is not a quitter like you say then it shoudl be fine.
My wife is a registered nurse, she's very smart but she struggles with certain things and driving a stick has been one of them. Certain people just don't understand mechanics when should you shift? why should you shift? why is this bad for the clutch? why should you downshift?

This is a perfect example. But at the same time good work in teaching her. Its a lost art.

me32

1000 Post Club
What a lot of people fail to realize is the amount of man power....Time and energy goes into smelting the cadmium and transporting it to be made and used. Every time I see a Toyota prius and just think all the pollution that was generated in making the batteries. Do you think the batteries are made here in the USA ...nope most of the time they are made over seas. Then it must be transported back to the assembly line to be installed. You can just crush a hybrid car either.[screwy]
You are correct sir. They still havent found a way to dispose of the batteries. They are currently being stored In a warehouse. I wonder what kind of toxicens will soak into the ground over time.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My wife is a registered nurse, she's very smart but she struggles with certain things and driving a stick has been one of them.
That I can fully understand and relate to. ;)

I for the life of me could not 'get' how to use chopsticks, and you can imagine the ridicule I got from my former girlfriend, originally from mainland China, about THAT!! [:(]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
My wife is a registered nurse, she's very smart but she struggles with certain things and driving a stick has been one of them. Certain people just don't understand mechanics when should you shift? why should you shift? why is this bad for the clutch? why should you downshift?

If it was me ....Coming from being a nurse also...id tell her its like putting a catheter in a phallus ...ya grab it like a shifter and the catheter must go in a certain way like a car going into gear. If it doesn't go into gear right its hurts the car clutch/Client. That should do it....Ill be here all week folks! [pray]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
That I can fully understand and relate to. ;)

I for the life of me could not 'get' how to use chopsticks, and you can imagine the ridicule I got from my former girlfriend, originally from mainland China, about THAT!! [:(]
OK now Chopsticks are very simple to use...Id suggest getting the chopsticks for the kiddies that usually come with a cool little rubber animal or person to keep them together! use them this way for a while and then take the training wheels off and boom! You're flying....eating that bowl of sticky Rice and catching those flies like Mr. Miyagi! I also am a personal life coach! lessons start at 5p everyday underneath the banana tree! Kidding! But this is the best way to start using chopsticks its how I started My BAE is Korean so you get my struggle!

zanethan