Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How important is the induction hose?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I was looking at Mountune's induction hose cause of their summer sale (save $20) but I don't wanna blow $140 if it doesn't really do much. Any opinions?

Spork1569

I was looking at Mountune's induction hose cause of their summer sale (save $20) but I don't wanna blow $140 if it doesn't really do much. Any opinions?
On its own the parts for the induction aren't all too much of a game hanger. It's once you put them on together that you can feel and hear the difference.

I have the ST200 airbox all the way to the whoosh turbo inlet upgraded and as I added the pieces separately you can definitely hear the car breathe easier and feel a small butt dyno difference.

I think from Dizzy's intake tests the Crossover pipe makes the biggest difference if you're looking for gains, but it definitely doesn't hurt to add the induction hose eventually to smooth out the flow of incoming air.

I have the 2016 mountune hose because I wanted something that would keep my evap harness intact. Most other options for full intakes or induction hoses need some sort of fix for the check engine light that comes in if you have a 2016 or newer with the 2 part evap harness.

Edit: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/dizzy-tuning-intake-tests.16804/

Here's the intake tubing tests thread, worth a good read if you haven't already seen it.

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I would prefer scientific analysis data before I go replacing them all, including IC hoses.

Example: If it takes $400-500 in hoses to gain 2hp and 3 lb ft...forget it. I paid $400 for my used Borla exhaust and get much more out of it now and in the future when I get the IC/AP installed.

Imho, biggest gains: AP, IC & exhaust. YM and opinion MV....lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Spork1569

I would prefer scientific analysis data before I go replacing them all, including IC hoses.

Example: If it takes $400-500 in hoses to gain 2hp and 3 lb ft...forget it. I paid $400 for my used Borla exhaust and get much more out of it now and in the future when I get the IC/AP installed.

Imho, biggest gains: AP, IC & exhaust. YM and opinion MV....lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Exhaust doesn't really do much on the stock turbo as it's not really a point of restriction. The sound difference is definitely needed though as stock sounds dead quiet once the Symposer is deleted.

If you're going for all the power you can get from a stock car, all you'd really need is an AP with a good E-30 tune and an intercooler. All other mods add a bit here and there but those 2 will get you 90% of the power out of the stock turbo.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the help. Forgot to mention I have the MT Full intake kit (MP215 without the tune) so maybe that'll make a difference? What would you say is the best crossover pipe?

Spork1569

Thanks for the help. Forgot to mention I have the MT Full intake kit (MP215 without the tune) so maybe that'll make a difference? What would you say is the best crossover pipe?

For the price whoosh can't be beat. I have it and the quality is great as with most of Ron's products.

If you want to pay for a brand name I think some British brands like Ramair and ITG have one but you'll be paying a premium for it of course.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
sound is irrelevant...that is EAR dyno vanity. Performance is what he asked about, so I offered it up. On this car, an exhaust only will out-perform an induction hose and crossover hose only, no?

sound is irrelevant...that is EAR dyno vanity. Performance is what he asked about, so I offered it up. On this car, an exhaust only will out-perform an induction hose and crossover hose only, no?
IIRC everything I have read and seen says you get 0hp/trq for a catback only sound. You actually get some power out of an intake.