Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How long for Delivery?

Ok, I am about to have a car built but it has been brought to my attention that FiST owners have waited a lot longer than the 6-8 weeks the dealer promises. It would be much appreciated to hear how long it took for your car to be delivered. This may change my outlook on ordering versus dealer stock. Thanks everyone[wave]

I waited exactly 16 weeks from date of order to date of delivery. Not sure if it was because I ordered a fully loaded car or the fact that it was coming to Canada.
Dealer had originally stated that it would take 8 to 10 weeks. Shortly after I placed my order the dealer called to offer me a fully optioned one in Molten Orange but I was set on the white I'd ordered, so I declined.

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #3
I waited exactly 16 weeks from date of order to date of delivery. Not sure if it was because I ordered a fully loaded car or the fact that it was coming to Canada.
Dealer had originally stated that it would take 8 to 10 weeks. Shortly after I placed my order the dealer called to offer me a fully optioned one in Molten Orange but I was set on the white I'd ordered, so I declined.
It's got me wondering if I order, will I not have the car until the end of May? Way too long to wait...thanks for the response

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
If you can find a dealer car that's what you want . Go for it .. But if you want a car for just your presences order and endure the wait. Either way the car is that much fun it worth it ..

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #5
If you can find a dealer car that's what you want . Go for it .. But if you want a car for just your presences order and endure the wait. Either way the car is that much fun it worth it ..
I know...stop reminding me goddangit

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #6
The only thing is there are no silver FiSTs around with just Recaros...most are loaded or close to it...very frustrating that Ford is jamming all those options in most cars or they are bare bone stock

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I could deal with most options other than sunroof .. But that's just me ..

White with recaros. Ordered 12/2, build date will be 3/3. I'll be waiting a while.

Do you have a window sticker yet? I am confused (and thankful) for how my dealer got mine faster than everyone else is reporting. I ordered 1/2/14 , have window sticker today and build is scheduled for 2/17/14. Sounds good to me :)

Mine is looking to be 4mths exactly ...(canada delivery)..should be here in the next two weeks. Molten Orange fully loaded...just curious @scottie, was the MO on the lot?

just a thought for those about to buy...i arranged for a loaner car at dealer cost if the car was to take more than 8 weeks to deliver. they agreed. used the automobile protection agency, and got the agreed rate of cost plus 500 profit, and 200 admin fee. minus the 3250 incentive.

Mine is looking to be 4mths exactly ...(canada delivery)..should be here in the next two weeks. Molten Orange fully loaded...just curious @scottie, was the MO on the lot?
Sorry Diabs. Missed your question. The orange one was the first one they got in and I waited to see it before I ordered mine. After I'd placed the order they offered it to me saying that the deal had fallen through.
When I picked mine up in January it was still on the lot along with a green one. Both cars were fully loaded.

Sorry Diabs. Missed your question. The orange one was the first one they got in and I waited to see it before I ordered mine. After I'd placed the order they offered it to me saying that the deal had fallen through.
When I picked mine up in January it was still on the lot along with a green one. Both cars were fully loaded.
No worries...was just curious if u were living close...as the dealer kept telling me..." We r trying to locate or source your vehicle..."...and I was like well aren't u guys ordering me a new one from scratch?...they then said yes, just he was using the wrong terms...now mind you, I would of been ok if it was to be shipped from Calgary and it was exactly the same vehicle like I ordered...but I guess that was not in the cards.