Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

how much gas at 0 miles to empty?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
There's a few factors that can distort that. If you were driving aggressively for most of the tank. The refuel light will come on sooner based on your higher fuel consumption rate dropping you to zero quicker with more fuel in the tank again based on fuel consumption rate. Then you baby it and fuel consumption improves leaving you more reserve. If that makes any sense. That's how it was in my case any way. If you drive soft with a higher MPG estimate all the way to 0, then drive aggressively after zero, you will probably have less fuel since the computer assumes you will get XX milage based on previous driving habits for that tank. Not sure I explained that the best.
My Brother works the highways and runs into stalled motorists all the time because they're relying on that "estimated before empty" mileage. I've run out of fuel exactly twice in my life and both were on the motorcycle, after it sat for two/three weeks. It has a light, not a gauge, and I always fill by trip-meter. Unlike our cars, it has a vented tank. So over the weeks of sitting, I figure it lost enough fuel to evaporation to significantly impact the amount miles I can run before refill. After that second time, I don't mess around and always refueled within ten miles of that fuel light activating.

I have ran for about 40 miles past 0 before on 91 Oct, city driving, stock car; I refilled with 12.2 gallons. Usually about 11 gallons when just about to hit zero. I can't do that with my new set up, happy feet will take about a quarter of tank in about 50 miles on E50.
What do you get per tank on E50? Most I've gotten is 305 average is about 270. It goes quick with a heavy foot. In the city I've gotten a low as 20.7mpg avg.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
@Mega ST

I know you weren’t asking me, but I run e40 and I average about 21-23 city and 30 ish highway. Almost all of my driving is done in the city however so I usually get 250 miles to a tank. 275 is the top end of what I’ll see.