Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How vulnerable are we to ‘relay attacks’ ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
pixelzombie

pixelzombie

Thread Starter #3

CarGuy

1000 Post Club

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Its more of a UK issue than an issue here. Our cars are not sought after by thieves here as it does not even cross their radar. I have owned many key fob cars now over the last 15 years. Never seen a reason for the whole faraday cage thing . Granted it is a safe guard and If I lived in the UK I would have one in a heart beat but ya no here I am not too worried.
Plus truthfully it does not matter if they want to steal your car they will steal it. Period. It does not matter what you do. They only thieves you really deter are the amateur joy riders the real pros just roll up with a eagle claw and grab the car and go or what ever other means they have and they have many.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Its more of a UK issue than an issue here. Our cars are not sought after by thieves here as it does not even cross their radar. I have owned many key fob cars now over the last 15 years. Never seen a reason for the whole faraday cage thing . Granted it is a safe guard and If I lived in the UK I would have one in a heart beat but ya no here I am not too worried.
Plus truthfully it does not matter if they want to steal your car they will steal it. Period. It does not matter what you do. They only thieves you really deter are the amateur joy riders the real pros just roll up with a eagle claw and grab the car and go or what ever other means they have and they have many.
Why risk it though over a $10 bag? I'll keep using mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even besides the lack of desirability for theft/resale/parts, most thieves, but especially those joyriding punks, cannot even drive a manual gearbox nowadays. [wink]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Why risk it though over a $10 bag? I'll keep using mine.

Because people here just are not stealing FiSTS period and I do not live a paranoid life. Things are things that can be replaced.

Though I love my cars and gadgets in the end they are not the most important thing to me. If someone wants my car bad enough to steal it they most likely will steal it and there is not much I can do to stop it.

I stated above and you conveniently ignored the fact . Real car thief‘s are quite sophisticated and a a key fob faraday bag is not even gonna phase them, they will take your car.

If you are that worried about your car being stolen then set up a tracker in it. It’s really not hard. Get a cheap burner phone and turn on the GPS wire it in to your cars electrical system so it stays charged. then track it from your computer or personal cell.

If I was that concerned I would spend the money towards that then a $10 faraday bag. I will buy a faraday wallet for credit cards before I worry about my key fob. :LOL:stolen id and credit cards is a much worse situation than a stolen car.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Because people here just are not stealing FiSTS period and I do not live a paranoid life. Things are things that can be replaced.

Though I love my cars and gadgets in the end they are not the most important thing to me. If someone wants my car bad enough to steal it they most likely will steal it and there is not much I can do to stop it.

I stated above and you conveniently ignored the fact . Real car thief‘s are quite sophisticated and a a key fob faraday bag is not even gonna phase them, they will take your car.

If you are that worried about your car being stolen then set up a tracker in it. It’s really not hard. Get a cheap burner phone and turn on the GPS wire it in to your cars electrical system so it stays charged. then track it from your computer or personal cell.

If I was that concerned I would spend the money towards that then a $10 faraday bag. I will buy a faraday wallet for credit cards before I worry about my key fob. [emoji38]stolen id and credit cards is a much worse situation than a stolen car.
LOL!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
You can just keep RFID fobs and so on wrapped in mylar, like one of those reflective silver balloons or a cut up piece of an old emergency blanket. At a security conference many many years ago in vegas we demo'd how to go to the gift store, buy a balloon, deflate it and walk out with RFID equipped chips lol and they got no alerts.