Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hunting for my next hatchback

I've been part of the hatchback community since I bought a 2010 Lancer GTS Sportback new, I kept that car till 2020 when I sold it to my little sister because I didn't' think I'd miss it. Fast forward to the past 4 months. I had a 2012 Boss 302 that put 600hp to the wheels and I just sold it. Right before that I bought a new 2021 Civic hatchback sport touring because I thought I'd love it and wouldn't miss my performance car. Now I'm regretting not buying a FiST instead.

So hear I am researching getting a FiST in the $12-17k range as a toy. I currently have a 1992 Mustang GT convertible I just got running that I thought would scratch the itch, but the 90's technology and performance just isn't really doing it for me. The car is disappointing in the acceleration, handling, and braking.

There is a '15 FiST at a local dealer for $13k w/ 77k miles and no recaros I'm going to go test drive soon.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...ode1=FORD&modelCode1=FIESTA&clickType=listing

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I've been part of the hatchback community since I bought a 2010 Lancer GTS Sportback new, I kept that car till 2020 when I sold it to my little sister because I didn't' think I'd miss it. Fast forward to the past 4 months. I had a 2012 Boss 302 that put 600hp to the wheels and I just sold it. Right before that I bought a new 2021 Civic hatchback sport touring because I thought I'd love it and wouldn't miss my performance car. Now I'm regretting not buying a FiST instead.

So hear I am researching getting a FiST in the $12-17k range as a toy. I currently have a 1992 Mustang GT convertible I just got running that I thought would scratch the itch, but the 90's technology and performance just isn't really doing it for me. The car is disappointing in the acceleration, handling, and braking.

There is a '15 FiST at a local dealer for $13k w/ 77k miles and no recaros I'm going to go test drive soon.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...ode1=FORD&modelCode1=FIESTA&clickType=listing
Get a 16 or above. there was some engine issue on the 14 and 15 that others on here can tell you about. And no backup mirror until 18.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Mikey456

The 5.0 brings back memories. That was the shit when I was in high school. Along with the IROC. I don’t think they are all that fast anymore? Vanilla Ice rapped up them too. [emoji38]

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Get a 16 or above. there was some engine issue on the 14 and 15 that others on here can tell you about. And no backup mirror until 18.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
You are correct about the issue, it was a defect in the head which could allow coolant to escape, which would then let the engine overheat. There was a recall for some of the 14's and 15's for this issue, you can check the VIN to see if a certain car was subject to it, but it was somewhat of a Band-Aid with just a new sensor and a few other things, but not a new head.From 16 on there was a new head with a new part number which fixed the problem.

OP
O
Thread Starter #6
I appreciate all the heads up on the head issues. I'll for sure look into a '16 and up. I'll still probably test drive the '15 just to get a feel for what they are like in the stock configuration. I'll probably start shopping for a modded one since that's the route I'll likely take.

ronmcdon

Ah very nice also had a 12 boss 302 although kept it stock ('12 models look so much better than '13 imo). Also family has a civic sport touring hatch and I like it although a bit hairy if pushed harder. Really not bad at all but very different from fiesta st. Fiesta ST can be total money pit mod wise and at times I question if I'd might have been better off going for the CTR. If looking for something fun to drive on the street and affordable with track consumables, this car does really well. Aftermarket support pretty solid. Seems to excel at canyon driving. Rotates very well for FWD and feels like baby evo at times.