Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I want new wheels after reading this article

pixelzombie

The Way of the FiST – Part 4: Wheels, Tires, and Weight Savings

"The sticky tires, in combination with the super light wheels, made the car feel like it accelerated quicker."

I was happy to leave it as is with the Cobb Stage 1 kit, but I do like the look of a black wheel with a machined lip, but those are hard to find for the Fiesta.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Just get a set of Dekagrams and call it a day 14.6 pounds per wheel flow formed so they are strong . Add in a set of 215/45 16 RT660’s at 21 pounds each and you are looking At 35.6 pounds RetTY MUCH close to the same weight loss as what he did with the OZ’s but while the OZ’s will set you back at around 1k and only be 7 inches wide the Dekagrams will be 8 inches and have an offset of 40 basically a better track width than the running the OZ’s and cost ya about 200-300 less.
Unless you are planning to Autocross and compete in stock class.
Ya I own Dekagrams and they are nice. Nicer than my Rota’s in the performance department.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Lighter wheels are great so long as you have good roads. Load rating is worth looking at. I went through 3 sets of light weight wheels on my mazdaspeed6 before I realized I care more about strength than weight for my road wheels. Unless you have some massive sidewalls a good pothole will win all the time.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My wheels are only about 4 lbs. lighter than stock, and I felt the difference right away. Less steering effort and a little more spin at lower speeds.

OP
pixelzombie

pixelzombie

Thread Starter #5
Lighter wheels are great so long as you have good roads. Load rating is worth looking at. I went through 3 sets of light weight wheels on my mazdaspeed6 before I realized I care more about strength than weight for my road wheels. Unless you have some massive sidewalls a good pothole will win all the time.
That's what I'm afraid of. Light wheels are great on the track but not on street roads.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'm at 36.2 lb per wheel/tire combination, also pretty close to the weight loss that was achieved in the article. This is with stock size tires and my 17x7 Pro Race 1.2s, which are 5.3 lb lighter than the stock wheels.
The car feels lighter on its feet, and the ride is a little gentler with less weight going up and down. The car also feels slightly faster on the butt dyno. These wheels are known to be pretty strong, and the roads here are not terrible, so I don't think I'm dramatically increasing my chance of bending a wheel, fingers crossed.I did buy an extra one to have as a spare just in case.
Saving unsprung weight is one of the best things you can do to any car, it has many benefits