Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Identify this part please

Atray

Can anyone tell me what this dark brown pipe is on the top left of this picture please ?
Photo from rear underneath of ford fiesta s line 2020

thanks

Attachments

Dialcaliper

I see a picture of your exhaust piping where it connects to the muffler and a bit rusty at the weld. If you’re talking about the top right, the exhaust hanger that’s welded to the muffler is a piece of bend metal rod, also rusty. The rest of the picture is washed out. The rust on both looks a pretty normal amount and nothing to worry about

OP
A

Atray

Thread Starter #3
Thank for for your reply!
I am looking to buy this car its 2020 plate 24,000 miles. Do these parts seem ok or should i be asking for any repairs before buying ?

OP
A

Atray

Thread Starter #4
This part circled in red - it looks broken. Does it look ok to you and what is it ?
Thank
You

Attachments

Dialcaliper

That’s the exhaust hanger that supports the weight of the muffler under the car. It’s solid metal and looks pretty normal, nothing to worry about. If the exhaust were actually starting to rust out, the entire pipe on the left would be turning brown and crusty - as is the silver/grey colored piping looks fine and in decent shape.

Last edited:
OP
A

Atray

Thread Starter #6
Thats great- thank you so much for your quick reply. Much appreciated .