Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Identify this part hanging under my car (pic)

So today walking up to my car I notice in the rear something hanging down.
It looks like a hose of some sort coming down from the chassis behind the driver side rear suspension.
It should connect to a black plastic box it appears in the center behind the rear cross member under the hatch area.

The red arrow is the hose not connected and the blue arrow points to where it looks like it should go.

TIA

https://imgur.com/a/beqBp

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looks just like an emissions line for the charcoal canister....IMO...glad to hear you solved it!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
It’s a 2016 with 17500 miles on it and i have the extended 7 year 100k mile warranty, which i don’t need anymore. Will prob be selling in a few months

Picture is back to not working. In the future use Imgur, at least for now they are not going crazy on third party hosting.

yeah. looks like an EVAP line that should be going to the charcoal canister. looks like it snapped off the canister to be honest.

felopr

Pretty sure That line is the fuel filler fuel evap pressure release hose that connects to the gas canister. You have to buy a new gas canister, 50ish on rockauto

OP
D
Thread Starter #18
Well they said it’s NOT covered under warranty because the warranty only covers manufacturers defects not physical damage.

Seems like a load of BS to me. It’s only a $36 part though. They wanted $115 to replace but I’ll just do it myself.

This is the last Ford I will ever own.

brbauer2

If you hit a raccoon and crack the front bumper, do you expect the dealer to pay for it?

It's not the best design as far as placement goes, but I've owned several Fiestas and been active on various forums since 2012...this is only the 3rd time I've seen someone damage the evap canister

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

If you hit a raccoon and crack the front bumper, do you expect the dealer to pay for it?

It's not the best design as far as placement goes, but I've owned several Fiestas and been active on various forums since 2012...this is only the 3rd time I've seen someone damage the evap canister

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
I understand that logic, but I work at a dealer and without the dealer having 100% positive proof that it indeed was caused by an outside force, it should be covered. I'm shocked they gave him that answer and I would be raising hell. I mean... with bumper to bumper (for instance) if a door handle is frozen and a customer yanks it off... technically its the customers fault, but you will not find a GM dealer around here that would not warranty that. I could give a million examples of how we would cover something under warranty, regardless of fault. That is piss poor service and I would recommend that he go to a different dealer or show the pictures to the service manager and if that doesn't work to then reach out to the district manager and I guarantee you they would cover it.

ESPECIALLY since its emissions related, it absolutely should be fixed under warranty.