Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If you could build a perfect ST for daily use what parts would you use?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mountune is who I would use, and actually use for almost all of my parts. Their quality and engineering make them my "go to" company for aftermarket parts. The few items I bought from other places, I have regretted not going with Mountune. Cobb is also really good, but I haven't used their parts other than the AccessPort. FSWerks does have some good parts at a lower price point, but not the same quality as Cobb or Mountune.
I love my mountune stuff. They're phasing out the FiST stuff, but you can still get intercoolers and radiators that are second to none. Everything fits like OEM. crossover covered.jpg

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
2016. Re body and drive train only,

The stock suspension coupled with the additional sidewall of the 215/45R17 size tires has really settled in nicely over the years. I experience and see the advantages of the high spring rate; coupled with aggressive stability control rear braking.

Re Poster's Question:
* some additional rust-resistant materials and rust proofing. more chip and wear-resistant clear-coat and paint up front
* water proofing the rear - the factory taping hasn't been a reliable approach for this vehicle
* Move the clutch slave cylinder outside of the bell-housing. (this design element is not for a daily driver that holds down a clutch pedal)
* Also some chassis stiffeners up front and more structural regidity for the rear

From a manufacturer responsibility perspective, changes to HP may require either tweaks to braking, suspension, chassis, the engine's overall cooling or a reduction from the thirty second over-boost. So will leave well enough alone.

Outside of body and drive train,
* separate the leather heated seats from the heated mirrors (wanted the latter and not the former)
(added a bar to keep the rear shelf from collapsing, added an amp and subwoofer, some inserts for the various front and rear cup holders and trays, a GPS)
Also the typical things that occur with subsequent generations,
* blind spot and turn signal indicators in the mirrors
* Large LED display dash - no mechanical gauges
* larger screen, better audio system, electronics package, interior detail

Mishmoto makes good quality parts for these also. That said, they are also starting to produce less of these now, so there are some sales to be had occasionally.

I would agree that Mountune seem to be the 'best' overall though.

For a street-driven Fiesta with occasional auto x events, consider these upgrades:
  1. Suspension: Coilovers or lowering springs with upgraded sway bars for improved handling.
  2. Engine: Cold air intake, cat-back exhaust, and an engine tune from Cobb or Mountune for added power.
  3. Wheels: Brands like Fifteen52, Sparco, and OZ Racing offer suitable options.
  4. Brakes: Upgraded pads and stainless steel brake lines for better performance.
These mods should enhance both performance and aesthetics without sacrificing daily drivability.
Anyone else think this is AI generated? Reviving a thread dead since 2017 and answering a question no one is asking?

ronmcdon

im pretty happy with my existing build for a daily driver other than maybe the wavetrac that yank to the side harsher. Would go with quaife maybe for a street build.

suspension I would really want to play with a set of ‘low budget’ 1 way mcs coilovers for fun. although I am happy with the meisters even at 8k/6k rates.

Upgrade all suspension bushings avaii to polyu for added feedback. get aluminum steering rack bushings. do all braces. go with milder rubber all engine mounts, really like the vibra technic.

get all bolt ons without upgrading the turbo to get better fuel economy.

I do like the cobb catted dp w thermal catback for best engine sound. thermal w/out dp is too quiet for my taste, but with the dp it is almost just right, just a smidgen more drone but cannot complain.

with radiator I am picky and will again go with the Pro Alloy kit with side mount oil cooler which is totally unnecessary maybe. fancy heat exchangers are a guilty pleasure of mine.

with tires I will probably use the falken rt660 for added response and since its a non track car I dont have to worry about tires getting greasy.

pads I have no idea. I have not found anything I like. The dtc30 hawk oads I use are not great for street use. maybe the hp plus is better

dhminer

2000 Post Club
im pretty happy with my existing build for a daily driver other than maybe the wavetrac that yank to the side harsher. Would go with quaife maybe for a street build.

suspension I would really want to play with a set of ‘low budget’ 1 way mcs coilovers for fun. although I am happy with the meisters even at 8k/6k rates.

Upgrade all suspension bushings avaii to polyu for added feedback. get aluminum steering rack bushings. do all braces. go with milder rubber all engine mounts, really like the vibra technic.

get all bolt ons without upgrading the turbo to get better fuel economy.

I do like the cobb catted dp w thermal catback for best engine sound. thermal w/out dp is too quiet for my taste, but with the dp it is almost just right, just a smidgen more drone but cannot complain.

with radiator I am picky and will again go with the Pro Alloy kit with side mount oil cooler which is totally unnecessary maybe. fancy heat exchangers are a guilty pleasure of mine.

with tires I will probably use the falken rt660 for added response and since its a non track car I dont have to worry about tires getting greasy.

pads I have no idea. I have not found anything I like. The dtc30 hawk oads I use are not great for street use. maybe the hp plus is better
How much difference did you notice when you put aluminum steering bushings?

ronmcdon

quite a bit. It does make a difference although I suppose it also depends on how picky you are as a driver.

it doesnt always make a notable difference so its a crapshot. installed alum steering bushings on my evo x a moth ago and didnt notice that as much to be worth the hassle of installation.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The answers are all over the place......it all depends on the OP's budget! Under $4k would be Mountune MP-215, radiator and if you want the RMM. Add an under seat woofer and Damond OCC. A little more go and cooling for the western area, never needed the radiator for the Eastern USA. A little bottom for the audio and an OCC for a little less carbon build-up. Sure you could do suspension, tires/wheels and turbo work but to me that defeats a DD's purpose for me. This is our true DD, groceries, appointments, shopping and errands in town plus long trips alternating with out Mustang GT for long trips like over 5 K miles. This year we will take the FiST for 6-7K miles this summer to save on gas.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
The answers are all over the place......it all depends on the OP's budget! Under $4k would be Mountune MP-215, radiator and if you want the RMM. Add an under seat woofer and Damond OCC. A little more go and cooling for the western area, never needed the radiator for the Eastern USA. A little bottom for the audio and an OCC for a little less carbon build-up. Sure you could do suspension, tires/wheels and turbo work but to me that defeats a DD's purpose for me. This is our true DD, groceries, appointments, shopping and errands in town plus long trips alternating with out Mustang GT for long trips like over 5 K miles. This year we will take the FiST for 6-7K miles this summer to save on gas.
Subwoofer is underrated addition for this car. Stereo sounds awful with any amount of bass in it, but with a sub and the bass out of stock speakers, it’s totally workable.